Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Regardless of the ending - you sort of have to admire the run he was on.

21 years.....

That's Gunsmoke stuff right there

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Same response here. I saw a few of his shows here and there. Saw enough not to care for his condescension. Haven't seen an episode in many years.

I wonder where he'll land. MSNBC is probably not a good fit. Would he go to radio?
He already did Radio -- and tried to go up against Rush in many markets and it didn't work out too well.

I think he is more likely to get into more books and maybe more movie/documentary production....

Looks to get a buy out from Fox. Earned $24M last year as an author.

He could go the Levin/Beck route and start his own network.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Same response here. I saw a few of his shows here and there. Saw enough not to care for his condescension. Haven't seen an episode in many years.

I wonder where he'll land. MSNBC is probably not a good fit. Would he go to radio?
Yankee blowhard.
I was about to suggest he move over to MSNBC. Well played, sir. Well played.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I've tuned into his show off and on throughout his career and IMHO, his ego seemed to get the better of him more and more as his popularity kept rising.

I never liked the way guests would get cut off before they could say goodbye. Sounds dumb but to me that showed a lack of respect to the guest.

I do feel that over the years there was a fair amount of useful content, regardless of your position on a topic, there was dialogue and conversation with analysis thrown in that I found stimulating.

But it got to a point I had a hard time watching due to issues mentioned above and also the reports of him trying to harass others in the news business pretty much disgusted me.

In my opinion our news reporting these days is pretty deplorable, no matter who is doing it. :rolleyes:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I've not read any of his books but I've been told he's actually a good historical author.
Most of his history books are "co-written" by Martin Dugard.
That makes me wonder how involved BO is in the actual writing and how much his involvement consisted of "Martin, change 'happy' to 'glad' and 'puppy' to 'small dog.'"

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I must admit I never thought the Murdochs would do it...
I didn't either. Losing O'Reilly and Megyn -- in one 6 month period is pretty extreme.

Personally -- I think if they could find a way to partner someone Far Left with someone Far Right (like the old Hannity and Colmes) would work at this point.

Maybe Ann Coulter and Juan Williams

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I didn't either. Losing O'Reilly and Megyn -- in one 6 month period is pretty extreme.

Personally -- I think if they could find a way to partner someone Far Left with someone Far Right (like the old Hannity and Colmes) would work at this point.

Maybe Ann Coulter and Juan Williams
LOL! They would fight over the rights to the pants... :D

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I've tuned into his show off and on throughout his career and IMHO, his ego seemed to get the better of him more and more as his popularity kept rising.

I never liked the way guests would get cut off before they could say goodbye. Sounds dumb but to me that showed a lack of respect to the guest.

I do feel that over the years there was a fair amount of useful content, regardless of your position on a topic, there was dialogue and conversation with analysis thrown in that I found stimulating.

But it got to a point I had a hard time watching due to issues mentioned above and also the reports of him trying to harass others in the news business pretty much disgusted me.

In my opinion our news reporting these days is pretty deplorable, no matter who is doing it. :rolleyes:
I have to agree. Even when I found myself in agreement with him, his abrasive personality was just hard to take. It would even show through when he was on the talk show circuit, pushing books, when you'd think he had motivation to be ingratiating...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.