Bill O'Reilly - Gone - Fired at Fox

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
You asked for examples. You got examples. That article was published in September. It's likely there were more between then and his impeachment proceedings starting in December. There are papers that don't take stands like that as well.

If you want to cherry pick stuff then I didn't even remember who Vitter was until I googled it just now. So clearly there must not have been that much about it or I would have heard it. So say 0% of news sources railed against Vitter enough for me to take notice. Sounds like some conservative media bias in action to me.
It was a great example, thanks.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/20/bill...ork-times-reporter-he-threatened-in-2015.html

LOL

Two years ago, Bill O'Reilly threatened the New York Times reporter who helped cause his downfall in 2017 Two years ago, Bill O'Reilly threatened the New York Times reporter who helped cause his downfall in 2017
23 Hours Ago | 00:55
Emily Steel — whose reporting in the New York Times brought down Bill O'Reilly — was threatened by the now-former Fox News host two years ago for covering his tall tales about the Falklands war.

"I am coming after you with everything I have," O'Reilly told Steel on the record in 2015. "You can take it as a threat."

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I have to admit that I used to watch The Factor a bit. I would switch back and forth between that and Countdown. Even watched Hannity and Colmes afterwards sometimes.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I have to admit that I used to watch The Factor a bit. I would switch back and forth between that and Countdown. Even watched Hannity and Colmes afterwards sometimes.
I really hated H&C -- it was 90% people talking over each other. You couldn't hear anything.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I really hated H&C -- it was 90% people talking over each other. You couldn't hear anything.
That's how I felt the couple of times seeing The O'Reilly Factor. If people start talking over each other or constantly interrupting I'll turn it off every time.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Another Fox News host takes an abrupt vacation following sexual comments made toward Ivanka Trump on-air. It's almost like that place has a culture of misogyny or something.

Link

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Another Fox News host takes an abrupt vacation following sexual comments made toward Ivanka Trump on-air. It's almost like that place has a culture of misogyny or something.

Link
Oh so it's okay for the President to make sexual comments towards Ivanka but not tv hosts? Sad!

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
And another one goes down. Link.

The turmoil at Fox News continued on Monday with the ouster of co-president Bill Shine, who succeeded Roger Ailes amid a sexual-harassment scandal last summer despite Shine’s alleged role in abetting Ailes in tolerating a workplace hostile to women.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
And another one goes down. Link.
and there may be more

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/fox-news-channel-federal-investigation-21st-century-fox-1202401954/

A federal investigation into corporate practices at Fox News Channel may be widening, according to a report by CNN.

Federal prosecutors have for weeks been looking into whether or not past payments made to former female employees fox Fox News were properly disclosed or accounted for by the unit and its parent corporation, 21st Century Fox.. Now, according to the CNN report, personnel from the United States Postal Inspection Service are now involved in the matter. CNN cited four people familiar with the matter.

The Financial Times previously reported similar details.

A spokesperson for 21st Century Fox said he could not comment on the investigation. The company in February issued a statement noting that it had not received a subpoena from the U.S. Attorney’s office, but that it had “been in communication with the U.S. attorney’s office for months.” The company also said it “will continue to cooperate on all inquiries with any interested authorities. A Fox News spokesperson referred an inquiry to 21st Century Fox.

The federal probe is said to also be focused on potential misconduct by Fox News personnel and even “the overall environment at the network”, according to CNN.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
siap,

but i saw this last week

Photo: Spencer Platt/Getty Images
Bill O’Reilly might be out at Fox News, but the network’s legal problems are far from over. Seven more employees are expected to join the racial-discrimination lawsuit filed against Fox News in late March. According to a source for the Daily Intelligencer, the plaintiffs’ lawyers will allege that the director of accounting at Fox, Tammy Efinger, did nothing when the former comptroller, Judy Slater, hurtled racist insults at employees. (Slater has already been fired.)
According to the plaintiffs’ attorneys, Slater demanded that black employees hold “arm wrestling matches’” with white female employees in her office, just down the hall from Ailes’s office on the 2nd floor of Fox headquarters. “Forcing a black woman employee to ‘fight’ for the amusement and pleasure of her white superiors is horrifying. This highly offensive and humiliating act is reminiscent of Jim Crow era battle royals,” the letter says, referring to the practice of paying black men to fight blindfolded at carnivals for white spectators’ entertainment. The lawyers argue that Efinger bragged about wanting to “fight” a black employee.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Wow, I'm amazed people would put up with that for money. She should have kicked the offender's teeth in...
i consider myself lucky that i have never had to work for a truly horrible boss or in what i would consider a bad work environment. i've had some crappy jobs for sure, but it wasn't due to the folks i was working with/for

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.