LOL - Okie Lite had rings made with wrong record... on purpose...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'm surprised they don't have national championship rings from 2011.

To be honest a part of me is entertained by Gundy and sorta pulls for him time to time, but a part of me finds him and Okie lite bandwagoners very obnoxious as well

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I agree they got screwed in that game. But that's life and it goes in the books as a loss. Making fake news rings shows why you are the little brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
So, whenever they look at those rings they will be reminded of the worst point in the season instead of all of the great things that they accomplished together? If they had won it would have been just another win - not enough to push them into the playoff.

They ended their season on a high note by crushing Colorado in their bowl game, but they want to focus on a game in September that didn't matter?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
So, whenever they look at those rings they will be reminded of the worst point in the season instead of all of the great things that they accomplished together? If they had won it would have been just another win - not enough to push them into the playoff.

They ended their season on a high note by crushing Colorado in their bowl game, but they want to focus on a game in September that didn't matter?
And this is why they are a wannabe, or a neverwillbe.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
And this is why they are a wannabe, or a neverwillbe.
It could be worse... you could be Oregon and be reminded of how many nations championships you have by looking at your helmet.

Forgive me I had to get my shot of the year in on one of the most obnoxious fanbases in the country.

Now as Billy Madison said, " you may continue on with the chlorophyll" ;)

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

I hadn't even thought about this. Very good point.

This is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard of. What do you gain by doing this? It wasn't a huge game against a rival and the win doesn't get them to double digits since they already have 10 wins. I really just don't see the benefit here.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015

Totally agree with this. Turns the story/narrative into one about the game they blew on a hail mary (even if unjustly) instead of a very good season than ended with an emphatic win in a pretty big bowl game.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Typical ag school "little brother" syndrome. (IOW, they are the API of OK. Does that help any?) The only one I can think of, that doesn't suffer from this malady, is PSU.

They have other problems.....................

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
And now Texas can get those 2009 National Championship rings with 14-0 printed on them, because if Colt hadn't gotten hurt...

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Something tells me they didn't think this through.

Assuming anyone actually wears one of these not cheap trinkets, can't you imagine the conversation?

Dude: Hey, what kind of ring is that? Did you play for the Sooners national championship team (back in 1950, ha ha)?
Player: No, it's my Oklahoma State ring from 2016.
Dude: Wait, so you guys won the national championship?
Player: No.
Dude: Oh, the Big 12 championship...
Player: No, we finished second.
Dude: You got a ring for a SECOND place finish? Damn, everyone gets a trophy nowadays. Can I see it?
Player: (hands over ring)
Dude: Well ok, so you were 11-2, who beat you?
Player: Well, Oklahoma....
Dude: No big surprise there
Player: Baylor
Dude: Well that's not too bad, Baylor was good before they started letting b-ball players kill each other and football players assault women sexually.
Player: And Central Michigan, but the refs hosed us
Dude: Wait, wait, that's three losses....
Player: Yeah, but the refs hosed us
Dude: So let me get this straight....you have a championship ring for a championship you didn't win commemorating a number of games you didn't actually win.....and you're okay with this? Dude, if I ever was offered such a ring I'd tell them to stuff it.

This is B1G's point applied in every day life.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I guess I could remind you we are dealing with folks who:

1) Argued that Nick Saban made a comment he never made trying to get Okie St into the 2011 title game

note: referring here to the FANS, not the university

-===========
2) Blamed a plane crash on a loss, conveniently ignoring the didn't have much distraction in building a 24-7 lead

Like the rest of the tight-knit OSU campus, the Cowboys players and coaches were deeply affected by the shocking news of the deaths of the people connected to the athletic department. It was just 10 years ago when 10 men associated with the OSU men's basketball team were killed in a plane accident in 2001.

With the news of the 2011 crash in the back of their minds, the Cowboys and coaching staff obviously couldn't focus all their attention on a football game
=========

This makes me sick because:
a) it is doubtful any of the players even KNEW the b-ball coaches other than in passing at most; the coaches, yeah I can see that but so what?
b) they led the game in the third quarter, 24-7, so how can they possibly make the distraction argument? Had they TRAILED by that much and played really unfocused and then got it together I could see it - but they were leading going away
c) Alabama - their chief opponent in this discussion - had AN ACTUAL PLAYER ON THE TEAM injured in the tornado the same year and his girlfriend killed - are we allowed to say Tinker was a young distracted guy and it might have cost us the LSU game because he missed his girl with all the hub-bub that week?
d) in 2015, Okie State had another tragedy at a homecoming parade, where a gal killed four people with her car. It didn't stop them from beating Kansas, did it?

Now, I'll be fair since Gundy never did this but...the whole thing stunk to me. It's been difficult for me to conjure up any 'love' for Okie St (whom I used to like okay) ever since then.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.