What's going on with Jason Chaffetz?

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
2 days ago, powerful and seemingly ambitious GOP leader and within 48 hours he has announced not only no intention to run in 18 but that he is now thinking of going home early. Lot's of rumors invluding some Russian related ones from Louis Mensch and others.

What do y'all think? It appears odd though doesn't it?

http://fox13now.com/2017/04/20/rep-chaffetz-considers-leaving-congress-before-the-end-of-his-term/

SALT LAKE CITY — After his announcement Wednesday that he will not seek re-election in 2018, Rep. Jason Chaffetz told Fox 13 he is considering leaving Congress before the end of his term.

“When I contemplate another 200 nights away from home, it is just too much,” Chaffetz told Fox 13 News Anchor Bob Evans.

Chaffetz also released a statement Thursday about his future with Congress, saying “My future plans are not yet finalized but I haven’t ruled out the possibility of leaving early. In the meantime, I still have a job to do and have no plans to take my foot off the gas.”

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i saw that yesterday. it is interesting in that he was such a "go-getter" in the house, then out of nowhere "i'm out".

i have been hearing those rumors too.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Every single politician in DC is filthy, so it's not just his conscience - something is causing this.

Could be as simple as a man missing his family. But he could also be neck-deep with the Russkies.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Every single politician in DC is filthy, so it's not just his conscience - something is causing this.

Could be as simple as a man missing his family. But he could also be neck-deep with the Russkies.
our friends louise and Claude from the other thread have been claiming for a week (apparantly) that the Russians knew of Chaffetz having an affair and have been blackmailing him to downplay Trump/Russia

https://twitter.com/LouiseMensch/status/852570318778585088

Interesting that she said this a week ago and now he is "wanting to be closer to home"

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Didn't this Mensch lady also recently accuse Bernie Sanders of being a tool for the Russians as well. Sounds like she needs to get new sources in the intel community.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005

No, there's a particular air of desperation around this one. There's no way this guy, who used his daughter as a political prop just a few months ago, is getting suddenly and overwhelmingly homesick after having the same job for 9 years.

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
My uneducated guess: either got a sweet job in the private sector or got caught doing gay stuff.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

Neck-deep with the Russkies would be more likely than simply missing his family. Or as they say, caught with a dead girl or live boy.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.