Reuben Foster Failed Drug Test at Combine

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Ironically, this could help him. He falls in the draft and gets picked by a better team.

In the end, it is up to him what he does on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Ironically, this could help him. He falls in the draft and gets picked by a better team.

In the end, it is up to him what he does on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bet he would take the money over the better team. I would. I still think he will be a top 20 pick though.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
So, there were no drugs in his system, just watered down urine?
The watered down urine makes potential drug levels fall below "positive" thresholds. So we have no idea what drugs might have been in his sample because they only report positive results, not results below the threshold.

IMO, a diluted sample should only be considered a failure if there are positive results with a lowered threshold, but that is not how the CBA spells it out, and the players agreed to these rules. So, as far as the NFL is concerned, he tested positive for drug use.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Saw Matt Miller imply he could fall to the 2nd round now. I just can't believe he will fall that far. Although, I'm shocked that Tim may fall pretty far so what do I know?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Saw Matt Miller imply he could fall to the 2nd round now. I just can't believe he will fall that far. Although, I'm shocked that Tim may fall pretty far so what do I know?
Unless there's other information that we don't know about - Foster is going in the 1st round. We'll likely have 5 first rounders: Foster, Allen, Humphrey, Robinson and Howard. Anderson or Williams could sneak into the first round but it's unlikely..

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Unless there's other information that we don't know about - Foster is going in the 1st round. We'll likely have 5 first rounders: Foster, Allen, Humphrey, Robinson and Howard. Anderson or Williams could sneak into the first round but it's unlikely..
Yeah, Foster is going in the 1st. I can't see him slipping past the Giants at 23, worst case. They need an offensive tackle, but the word is that they would jump on Foster if he slipped that far.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
That's what I'm starting to wonder with him. Maybe there is something we don't know. I don't really trust Bleacher Report guys but Matt Miller seems to be decently respected and connected even if I often disagree with his opinion.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
The same Matt Miller that ran the Detroit Lions organization further into the dumpster than it already was? The one who never met a WR he didn't love to draft in the top 5 every year, none of whom ever panned out in the NFL? That Matt Miller?

Edited: LOL, no, that's Matt Millen. My apologies....

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Peppers' team is making the right point, though. These guys didn't "fail" the drug test. They submitted a sample that could not be successfully analyzed. The press makes it sound like they were smoking dope or snorting lines the night before the combine when the truth is more like his urine wasn't yellow enough to be tested.

This happens a decent amount of time in the world of people who have to pass drug tests for other jobs. Some people purposely drink a lot of water so they don't get embarrassed by not being able to give a sample at appointment time. It's usually "no big deal, come back for a retest, and this time don't drink water or sports drinks for 6 hours before the test." They don't call the prospective employer and say "Johnny failed the drug test" don't hire him.

Whatever agents represent Foster and Peppers are going to have to spend some time arguing about it, though, you can bet.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Peppers' team is making the right point, though. These guys didn't "fail" the drug test. They submitted a sample that could not be successfully analyzed. The press makes it sound like they were smoking dope or snorting lines the night before the combine when the truth is more like his urine wasn't yellow enough to be tested.

This happens a decent amount of time in the world of people who have to pass drug tests for other jobs. Some people purposely drink a lot of water so they don't get embarrassed by not being able to give a sample at appointment time. It's usually "no big deal, come back for a retest, and this time don't drink water or sports drinks for 6 hours before the test." They don't call the prospective employer and say "Johnny failed the drug test" don't hire him.

Whatever agents represent Foster and Peppers are going to have to spend some time arguing about it, though, you can bet.
I think what is bringing the attention to this is the NFL considers a "diluted" result as a "failed drug test". There's no qualification in the results. It's simply a "pass" or "fail".

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think what is bringing the attention to this is the NFL considers a "diluted" result as a "failed drug test". There's no qualification in the results. It's simply a "pass" or "fail".
Yep - Agents can spin all they wish, but the players agreed to this ruling.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Yep - Agents can spin all they wish, but the players agreed to this ruling.
Yea, its a stupid rule and they shouldn't even test for pot IMO, but diluted is the same as failing and either way both Peppers and Foster will start out in the NFL substance abuse program.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.