Reuben Foster Failed Drug Test at Combine

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Yea, its a stupid rule and they shouldn't even test for pot IMO, but diluted is the same as failing and either way both Peppers and Foster will start out in the NFL substance abuse program.
I don't think so - they are not players right now. They will have to submit to more regular testing, though. If they really are clean, this will not be a problem. If they are not clean, they have time to get clean. Either way, they will not start their careers on the program.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I don't think so - they are not players right now. They will have to submit to more regular testing, though. If they really are clean, this will not be a problem. If they are not clean, they have time to get clean. Either way, they will not start their careers on the program.
Foster and Peppers will both enter the league in the NFL substance abuse program:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Thanks - I heard about the testing but did not know that it was considered Stage One.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Foster has now not been invited to the NFL Draft Thursday in Philly.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/s...n-tide-lb-reuben-foster-not-invited-nfl-draft
:rolleyes: The guy is clean as a whistle for us the whole time he is on campus and then in the 2 months between his last game and the draft he draws attention to himself. I don't feel like he is a problem child but the occurrences being so close together are unfortunate.
Think of all the hard work, all the minutes and hours spent lifting in the weight room, breaking down film, the practices and wind-sprints and suicides and all the trips to and from games from the time he was in pee-wee. And after all that work you claw yourself into a 1st round prospect only to have it jeopardized. I don't know how much to blame Reuben for all this stuff but I know that it has to be frustrating as heck. The tediousness of your life and the nearly OCD obsession with the game and something like this stuff can trip you up on the eve of success.

Dude is still a 1st round pick but any slide at all could cost him hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of dollars. What a fickle world.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
:rolleyes: The guy is clean as a whistle for us the whole time he is on campus and then in the 2 months between his last game and the draft he draws attention to himself. I don't feel like he is a problem child but the occurrences being so close together are unfortunate.
Think of all the hard work, all the minutes and hours spent lifting in the weight room, breaking down film, the practices and wind-sprints and suicides and all the trips to and from games from the time he was in pee-wee. And after all that work you claw yourself into a 1st round prospect only to have it jeopardized. I don't know how much to blame Reuben for all this stuff but I know that it has to be frustrating as heck. The tediousness of your life and the nearly OCD obsession with the game and something like this stuff can trip you up on the eve of success.

Dude is still a 1st round pick but any slide at all could cost him hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of dollars. What a fickle world.
Not to throw any shade on Reuben. But the same could be said for Rolando McClain. If I remember correctly, he was the model player while at Bama then when getting out from under Saban fell to pieces. I hope Reuben doesn't follow this path.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Apparently teams seem to think he surrounds himself with some questionable people. Same issue with Dalvin Cook

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Read a report this morning that teams are leaking Reuben will slide with one sole purpose - him sliding to them. The writer says he believes Reuben doesn't get past NOLA at #11.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.