What is your worst Football "I'll never get over it" moment?

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
Re: What is your worst "I'll never get over it" moment?

Up until the last Clemson game, it was the 2007 Florida State game in Jacksonville. We were at both those games, and having to see and hear the opposing fans in person makes it worse than watching something like the kick six on TV.

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN

All of the last decade losses in big games have been mentioned and those bug me too. One that I lost an entire night's sleep over was the 2011 regular season loss to lsu. I know some will say, "Well, we beat them in the championship game.", but that team was going to be historic from a defensive standpoint. Our defense did everything imaginable to win that game and the offense moved the ball between the 20's, but we couldn't break through. I still say that Maze-Williams pass was not intercepted.

That defense was one for the ages, even better than last year's and I am glad we won a NC, but that team could have been undefeated. That's what gets me.

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA

Football wise, for me it's: 1. 2016 championship game, mainly because of what was on the line, 2. 1973 Notre Dame Sugar Bowl, I was there and still can't stand Notre Dame, and 3. Kick Six, even remember my son watching with me, asking me what's going on. He didn't realize you could run a field goal try back. These all hurt, but I did get over them. Krymsonman

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Nothing in football, though I am still struggling with the Clemson loss. As close as I come in sports would be the Braves World Series losses. I mean, they really found ways to destroy their fans in the World Series. I don't even watch the sport anymore - too many ghosts.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
Re: What is your worst "I never get over it" moment?

Kick six. It would be the 11' lsu game if we didn't get revenge that year

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country

October afternoon, 1974.
TCU vs Alabama.
A young man named Kent Waldrep was tackled by three Bama players and was driven backwards hitting his head on the turf.
He was paralyzed for life from a broken neck.
Anyone who saw that will never forget it.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

Nothing in football, though I am still struggling with the Clemson loss. As close as I come in sports would be the Braves World Series losses. I mean, they really found ways to destroy their fans in the World Series. I don't even watch the sport anymore - too many ghosts.
Ain't that the truth. Still hard to believe they only won ONE WS out of five trips. Maddux, Smoltz, and Glavine was an insane 3 man rotation to have and not cash in more. 7 Cy Young's between them.

I mainly can't watch the game now for the same reason as most other pro sports. Too many trades and the lineups and rotations don't even stay remotely the same from one season to the next. You just can't get attached to players or teams anymore. I stopped even loosely watching after Chipper's farewell tour. He was the last connection to those 90's teams.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015

Camback, I was there and was so .... ed I walked right through the middle of the Barn band in the parking lot.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

All of the last decade losses in big games have been mentioned and those bug me too. One that I lost an entire night's sleep over was the 2011 regular season loss to lsu. I know some will say, "Well, we beat them in the championship game.", but that team was going to be historic from a defensive standpoint. Our defense did everything imaginable to win that game and the offense moved the ball between the 20's, but we couldn't break through. I still say that Maze-Williams pass was not intercepted.

That defense was one for the ages, even better than last year's and I am glad we won a NC, but that team could have been undefeated. That's what gets me.

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide
Yes.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

Kick Six for me. Just like "Punt Bama Punt" it'll never go away. The 2010 Iron Bowl comes in a close second.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian

1972 Punt Bama Punt. A game that the Barn was never really in. Alabama leading 16-0 in the 4th. A Gardner Jett FG made it 16-3 and you know the rest.

I was 12 years old. Can still remember John Forney's call....

Get queasy just thinking about it.
That one for sure, plus a couple of OFC favorites: '73 Sugar and '75 Orange against the Fightin' Domers, indelibly.

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA

Any game from 1997 - 2006. Dubose, Fran, Shula - the dark years. Two that come to mind are the '97 loss and the 2000 loss to the Barn. Still can't get over the stupidity of Dubose and Arians in the 4th quarter to lose the '97 IB. The 2000 loss was especially painful. I sat in the cold rain / sleet for nearly the entire game. Miserable, and we couldn't score any points. Awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ

The 21-0 loss to USM at Legion Field in 2000. We never even came close to scoring. The staff had no idea what they were doing, the players had no idea what or where they were supposed to be. It was the only time I actually saw an Alabama quit and the only time I have seen the team booed as they entered the tunnel in the north end zone. A low point in a crappy season.
And to end the 2000 season with a 9-0 loss in the IB. It was a cold and rainy game, I have been to plenty cold and wet games up here in my lifetime, Jet and Giant games, but that IB took the cake. My seats are in U4, LL, row 2, let's say row 1 was flooded. I was thankful for row 2. I was soaked and miserable leaving the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

1. Kick 6
2. The Cam Comeback
3. The OSU Comeback
4. Loss to Utah
5. Loss to Okie

(The Clemson loss was tough BUT I kinda rank that along the same lines when we lost to Florida in 08. Both stung but not as much as these other games did, mainly because we played solid games and just came up short)

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala

1 73 Notre Dame
2 72 Barn
3 10 Barn
4 71 Nebraska

On a happier note games that will always bring a smile to my face
92 Miami
08 Barn
07 Tenn
11 Barn
12 Notre Dame

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.