Jake Coker: "I'm Just Going To Move On From Football"

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
He walked away as a champion. Nothing to be ashamed of there. Two NC rings from two schools, not many can say that.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Coker has been one of my favorite QBs at Bama. I always love the guys who bleed crimson and leave everything they have on the field despite their ability. I think he embodied that to the T. I wish him the best of luck at his new job and in the food plot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Coker has been one of my favorite QBs at Bama. I always love the guys who bleed crimson and leave everything they have on the field despite their ability. I think he embodied that to the T. I wish him the best of luck at his new job and in the food plot.

He will have plenty of great hunting opportunities working for Cooper; best of luck to a good kid!

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I think Coker is one of my favorite QB's in the Saban era also, especially with the journey he had. I really liked Sims too though. I wish the best of luck to Jake in whatever he does.

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
If I am not mistaken, Jake Coker is the only starting QB in college football history to win a national championship, and to be undefeated as a starting quarterback for their entire college career. I can't think of any other player that accomplished that.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Honestly, my favorite QB of the Saban era.

Edit: Just slightly ahead of Greg McElroy.
Jake Coker was a long shot QB. He transferred in after Graduation, then had to compete for our starting job. Early on the word on Jake Coker was that he couldn't run. Truth was that Jake Coker could indeed run when that was the best option. Word was that Jake and the long ball didn't go together. Again Wrong.
Lastly... Jake Coker had heart. He gave us everything he had in his one year at Alabama.
I loved his attitude. Tough guy/winner.
I'm sorry that Jake didn't catch on in the Pro's. He would have won a bunch of games.
Truth is Jake Coker will be a success at whatever he does, that's the kind of guy he is.

prayfast14

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 13, 2016
Coker will always be one of my favorites. He had that ability to make a play that would galvanize the whole team. He had about 6 plays at least where he tucked the ball and scrambled around usually picking up a 1st down and then just flat TRUCKING an opposing player at the end and the bench would ERUPT. Here is the best one probably...

Jake was and is certainly one of the best!
I pray the best for him in all that he sets his mind to do. [emoji208][emoji208][emoji208]

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.