Jake Coker: "I'm Just Going To Move On From Football"

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
CLICKY

[FONT=&quot]The 24-year-old Coker saw his chances of making the team with the NFL's Arizona Cardinals fizzle last summer due to a knee injury that required surgery. The Mobile native said in a radio interview Thursday that he's taken a job with Cooper Marine and Timberlands in Creola, and has no plans to attempt a comeback in professional football.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"To be honest with you, my main goal in football was to win a national championship at Alabama," Coker said. 'That was my dream growing up and I got to fulfill that. I have no regrets with what I've done or what I'm doing now. I had a blast doing it and I couldn't be more happy with the outcome."[/FONT]

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Thanks for the link. I am very happy for Jake and what he has accomplished and his dedication to the team. He is the personification of what it means to be a team player. Wish him success in life after football.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Few people set and achieve such lofty goals in their lives, happy to see that he has a healthy perspective. I suspect he'll be successful no matter what he chooses to do next.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
If we had a QB like him every year we would lose very few games. Loved the way he competed. Wish him continued success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
A real shame he couldn't latch on the NFL - there are far worse qbs on a roster. I've often compared the NFL rosters to a clothing budget - sometimes a pair of Alden shoes ends up at Marshall's.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Jake was a true "Leader & Field General".. That players gravitates to & rallies around on the football field that only comes around every few years..

Thanks for the memories you gave us Bama Fans & will forever have earned our respect..

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Few people set and achieve such lofty goals in their lives, happy to see that he has a healthy perspective. I suspect he'll be successful no matter what he chooses to do next.
Yeah, he only wanted to win a national title while quarterbacking at Alabama. Happy for him...pro game isn't for everyone and it is admirable that it really wasn't his goal.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I will always mention Jake's name in the same name as all our other NC QB's. Amazingly tough guy that made big plays at the right time.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
I will always mention Jake's name in the same name as all our other NC QB's. Amazingly tough guy that made big plays at the right time.
That deep throw to Stewart against Clemson was one of the best passes I've ever seen. Threw it with a DL in his face, long before Stewart even made his break. Stewart turns and the ball is right there.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
A person who knows when to move on with his life and not waste time chasing a Quixotic dream. Good for him. I think he will be a success in whatever he does.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Jake Coker's play in the postseason is likely what won is that championship. Completely unfazed and in complete control. Really thankful that a guy like him got to come to the Capstone.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Coker will always be one of my favorites. He had that ability to make a play that would galvanize the whole team. He had about 6 plays at least where he tucked the ball and scrambled around usually picking up a 1st down and then just flat TRUCKING an opposing player at the end and the bench would ERUPT. Here is the best one probably...

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Coker is in a special category when it comes to Tide QB's in my book. I don't consider him the "greatest" Alabama qb. But he gets the most respect from me out of all the Tide QB's I've watched. What he went through and the LOOOONG journey he took to accomplish his goal says a lot about him as a person. He's someone I'd want on my team whether it be at sports or work. He's in it for the long haul. I respect that.

Regarding the NFL, he has nothing to hang his head about. Professional sports is an entirely different animal and to even be a part of the team means you are a great athlete. What he did or didn't do in the NFL has ZERO impact on his legacy and accomplishments at Alabama. He's got a lot to be proud of and show his grand kids. His grand kids will "ooooh and aaaaahhh" over his accomplishments at Alabama.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.