Glen Coffee Possibly Looking to Return to Football?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I suspect if he wants it, he'll make it. After these years in the special forces you know he's in excellent shape and has the mental toughness...

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006
I'm pretty sure Glenn has never been in Special Forces or even the Rangers. Last I heard, he was in a support unit with the Ranger School but had never completed the course himself. No shame or dishonor in that but I'd be REALLY surprised if he was in anything even remotely close to NFL shape. I guess it's possible he could come back but it's VERY unlikely it'll happen.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Sorry, guess I didn't follow his story long enough - I thought he had gone into SF.
wIKIPEDIA PAGE said:
Coffee is currently (2015) a paratrooper at the Ranger School, and works for the 6th Ranger Training Battalion.
Only Ranger qualified guys are Ranger Instructors (RIs).
I don't see when he was assigned to a Ranger battalion or attended Ranger School, so most likely this means he was a support guy at Ranger School (supply, admin, etc.).
I wish him well and I'd be tickled if he made it back to the NFL, but it has been a while.
I loved how he played while at Bama, though.

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006
Only Ranger qualified guys are Ranger Instructors (RIs).
I don't see when he was assigned to a Ranger battalion or attended Ranger School, so most likely this means he was a support guy at Ranger School (supply, admin, etc.).
I wish him well and I'd be tickled if he made it back to the NFL, but it has been a while.
I loved how he played while at Bama, though.
Jonathan, I'm pretty sure he'd wanted to go to Ranger school but he had (or has) some kind of nagging injury that he couldn't quite shake and couldn't qualify to even attempt the course. Assuming that's true, and he still has that nagging injury, that's going to make his attempted comeback even harder.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I thought he messed up when he left the league in the middle of what was a budding career. It's not like he could have not pursued ministry or the military afterward. A running back's shelf life is pretty short anyway.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I thought he messed up when he left the league in the middle of what was a budding career. It's not like he could have not pursued ministry or the military afterward. A running back's shelf life is pretty short anyway.
Exactly..If the pan is hot for you to go to the NFL you had better make the jump, once it cools off, that NFL dream will be longggg gone..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.