Game Thread: 2017 A-Day Game

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
Hurts - 2 plays flushed from the pocket and failed to continue to look down field. I get that he would run the ball on those plays during the regular season, but he needs to keep his eyes down the field. Now a punt after a failed trick play.
Cant run with contact rule, so would also like him to adjust too

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I'm hoping that isn't just lip service from Saban regarding the defense "not doing much," add in not giving multiple looks or pressure packages.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I'm hoping that isn't just lip service from Saban regarding the defense "not doing much," add in not giving multiple looks or pressure packages.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Other than the 2 long passes, your 1st team defense has been very good.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
The good news about the defense, the front 7 looks stout again. They aren't giving up anything against the run, and they've gotten moderate pressure with minimal blitzing. The secondary will be fine. They've gotten torched a couple of times, but that's still with a very vanilla scheme that will never be called in a real game. We're still figuring our personnel out, but I have full faith that we'll be fine once we do.

On a side note though, our kicking troubles look like they'll still be lurking in the shadows. That's disappointing. Hopefully that incoming freshman is as rock solid as Scott was when he came in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
LOL - Diggs is going to hate the film in coverage on the long ball. Burned again.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.