Game Thread: 2017 A-Day Game

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
This is a gross overreaction since it's based on less than 2 quarters of a spring game, but the most vulnerable position on the field seems to be safety. On all of the deep balls there's been no sign of help over top. There needs to be a solid safety candidate who will step up and control the back of the defense. It really seems as though Fitzpatrick is going to be most needed at corner.

I'd feel even better about our odds if I knew we could find someone to step up and be the type of guy Eddie Jackson grew into. As much as I'll miss Allen, Foster, Williams, and Anderson, I think The loss of Jackson will be the most impactful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This is a gross overreaction since it's based on less than 2 quarters of a spring game, but the most vulnerable position on the field seems to be safety. On all of the deep balls there's been no sign of help over top. There needs to be a solid safety candidate who will step up and control the back of the defense. It really seems as though Fitzpatrick is going to be most needed at corner.

I'd feel even better about our odds if I knew we could find someone to step up and be the type of guy Eddie Jackson grew into. As much as I'll miss Allen, Foster, Williams, and Anderson, I think The loss of Jackson will be the most impactful.

To be fair, all but 1 were along the sidelines where the safety would need to be in the right coverage to even have a chance

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I feel better about the 1st team defense the longer this goes on. Both offense and defense have shown flashes which is a good balance. Adjustments are being made. Tua and Harris are abusing the 2nd team defense.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Saban should switch Hurts/Tua in the 2nd half to see how each plays against the other defense. Hurts might light up the 2nd teamers as well. No way to tell. But right now, based on what we have seen in the 1st half of this game, Tua is a better QB.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.