Looking to next year... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American crimsonkelly's Avatar

Re: Looking to next year...

Quote Originally Posted by WylieTexasTider View Post
    Several things come to mind:

1. Treatment of players
    2. He has been called out by compliance multiple times for recruiting.
    3. Details regarding an injured player or two
    Bamabuzzard, I was referring to what WTT said above. I have 0 inside info on the program and typically refer to fellow fans on tidefans for info! I can say that many people were not exactly thrilled with the hire in the first place. Many feel that we could have gotten a top tier coach. I don't dispute that since we were breaking in a 42+ million dollar ballpark, why not get a coach to go with it? It does appear to me we were trying to get an up and coming coach when we could have gotten an established coach from a power conference.
    Last edited by crimsonkelly; April 25th, 2017 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Spelling

2. Advertisement

I know nothing whatsoever about the guy, but we talked about the coach at Dallas Baptist and other good coaches and I remember Goff's name just coming out of nowhere.

I mean, don't you go talk to the guy at an Oregon State and start there?

Rtr

Quote Originally Posted by bamamick View Post
    I know nothing whatsoever about the guy, but we talked about the coach at Dallas Baptist and other good coaches and I remember Goff's name just coming out of nowhere.

I mean, don't you go talk to the guy at an Oregon State and start there?

Rtr
    DBU has a heck of a coach. However, he is likely not a fit at most programs. He is a devout Christian and is at home at DBU. He is not in this for $$$$$. If he were, he would be at Texas. People who know him have said he can not coach at a power 5 school. He knows it and doesn't deny it or hide it.
    "What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment."-Nick Saban

Yeah, I remember. Same thing with the guy at ECU, who is said to be a lifer at that school. The guy at Tulane waited for and got Texas. But then Goff popped up.

Anyone following this Jax State game? My gosh, but it is like our pitchers are throwing batting practice.

Rtr

Didn't start a game thread but, yeah it's brutal! About to turn it off as I have to be on a client site at 4:00AM. Love the 3AM wake up call!

BamaNation Hall of Fame cuda.1973's Avatar

Well, we lost, to yet another in-sate team: 11-8.

Wonder how these teams manage to be competitive, with the lack of a state lottery?

Oh, I know...............they don't play Goofball!

(They just play against Goofball. )

As bad as Gasper the Post-season Ghost was, they managed to win these games, and a fair number of SEC games.

What has changed?

Well, they still can't bunt, and can't seem to score runs, when things are looking right for a big inning, but the errors, WPs, and PBs...................that is what kills us.

I am certainly no sports psychologist, but my layman's guess is we make these bonehead mistakes, at the worst possible time, because our kids are playing too tight. If you expect to get yelled at and constantly berated, seems to follow you are going to be on eggshells, and make that mental error when it hurts the most.

Which pretty much sums up Goofball.

Tell me where I am wrong, because I am open to listening. Maybe someone can explain this mess, and how it is going to get better.
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own, to do as I please."

Well, from reading things here and on other sites it appears that Goff 'lost' these guys from the get go, or wanted to lose them. If we are to improve at all it won't be with these players, since obviously he wants no part of them and they are not able to play for him. As cuda says, these mental errors are not a sign that these are not good ballplayers, but a sign that they are not focused for whatever reason. That being said, it's the pitching that is killing us and that will take time to rebuild.

So what? How many years are we looking at to get us back to where we were under Mitch/Dax/Andy? That's the sickening part, what and how long it will take to get us back to 15-15 in the SEC? Two years? Three years? Does anyone think Goff will be here if we have a second historically bad season under him? I damn sure don't.

I just don't know what to think. This has been worse than I ever imagined it could be.

rtr

Quote Originally Posted by bamamick View Post
    Well, from reading things here and on other sites it appears that Goff 'lost' these guys from the get go, or wanted to lose them. If we are to improve at all it won't be with these players, since obviously he wants no part of them and they are not able to play for him. As cuda says, these mental errors are not a sign that these are not good ballplayers, but a sign that they are not focused for whatever reason. That being said, it's the pitching that is killing us and that will take time to rebuild.

So what? How many years are we looking at to get us back to where we were under Mitch/Dax/Andy? That's the sickening part, what and how long it will take to get us back to 15-15 in the SEC? Two years? Three years? Does anyone think Goff will be here if we have a second historically bad season under him? I damn sure don't.

I just don't know what to think. This has been worse than I ever imagined it could be.

rtr
    To me, we were only an average offense away from being pretty solid the last few years. I am a huge Dax fan. I would bring him back in a heartbeat. when he coached hitting, we were above average, when he did pitching, we were elite. The guy is just good. BRING HIM BACK!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

BamaNation Hall of Fame cuda.1973's Avatar

Dax does bled crimson. Shame he had to go, when the last regime was swept out.
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own, to do as I please."

Check this quote from Goff after the embarrassment last night.

That's the type quote a coach gives at the beginning of the season, not in April. There's been no progression with this team, so the comments fall back at Goff.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Check this quote from Goff after the embarrassment last night.

That's the type quote a coach gives at the beginning of the season, not in April. There's been no progression with this team, so the comments fall back at Goff.
    Agreed. It is in a tailspin at this point. The sooner this season is over with, the better.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Big A Re: Looking to next year...

I vote for Vinny DiFazio and Matt Bentley, both former players, coming back to coach...... -

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonkelly View Post
    To me, we were only an average offense away from being pretty solid the last few years. I am a huge Dax fan. I would bring him back in a heartbeat. when he coached hitting, we were above average, when he did pitching, we were elite. The guy is just good. BRING HIM BACK!

Agree with this. Dax was hard nosed and made his players desire/expect to be the best in each competitive situation of the game. He would be a good coach for sure to bring back.

**PS: The Trousdale kid needs to hit more. He has one of those swings that does not come around often. He just needs reps and confidence from his coaches.