Looking to next year...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team

Looking to next year...

I expect Rooney will take a head job somewhere, and I expect a lot of new faces on the roster.

2. Advertisement

Re: Looking to next year...

Quote Originally Posted by Play Ball! View Post
    I expect Rooney will take a head job somewhere, and I expect a lot of new faces on the roster.
    Whether he gets a head job or not, Rooney is gone. If Goff stays it is with a brand new staff. I believe it is about 70/30 Goff goes. Byrne is well aware of the toxic environment and is intimately involved...... I'd expect a lot of new faces no matter the coaching situation several have already decided to transfer/leave. It is going to take a couple of years to clean up the Goff mess. The fact recruits are very limited in contact with current players should say something to recruits and local HS coaches.

Try 2020. It's going to be a rough two seasons being in the cellar. Things should turn around by 2020. Here's the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

BamaNation First Team

I understand there are personality conflicts but much of the blame has to go to the previous head coach who let it go down this far, talent wise. There are only 3-4 SEC caliber players on that team, ok maybe 6. When opposing pitching coaches tell their pitchers to throw what they want to, that should tell you something. Gaspard made the comment that he didn't have the energy to fix what needed to be done. That should tell you a lot.
    This is the first real Head coaching change since '95. I don't think we're used to dealing with it. So I feel like we may need to give Goff a chance, if only another year or two. It can't get much lower.
    But I'll take whatever the powers that be want to do. We'll continue to support.

Quote Originally Posted by Play Ball! View Post
    I understand there are personality conflicts but much of the blame has to go to the previous head coach who let it go down this far, talent wise. There are only 3-4 SEC caliber players on that team, ok maybe 6. When opposing pitching coaches tell their pitchers to throw what they want to, that should tell you something. Gaspard made the comment that he didn't have the energy to fix what needed to be done. That should tell you a lot.
    This is the first real Head coaching change since '95. I don't think we're used to dealing with it. So I feel like we may need to give Goff a chance, if only another year or two. It can't get much lower.
    But I'll take whatever the powers that be want to do. We'll continue to support.
    I think we have more talent than some believe. I don't follow recruiting that closely but of the several kids I know or my family knows well on the team, these kids were offered big money from aTm, Texas Tech, Miss St and came to BAMA in several cases for less $$$. I think development under Gaspard was a big issue and now the change to Goff hasn't helped/worked.

IMO, a change has to be made b/c of toxic nature of Goff. Whoever comes in is going to have to be a teacher, a person who can build relationships with the HS coaches in South and someone who can market the program to the fans.

On a side note, there is now a fire Goof twitter and website.

I understand the frustration, we all want our team to be competitive and to win, and to win now; however, things like the above are not going to help the situation at all and neither does promoting them here.
    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by WylieTexasTider View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by edwd58 View Post
    ...things like the above are not going to help the situation at all and neither does promoting them here.
    Don't think WTT was "promoting" either, just accumulating more evidence that a colossal mistake seems to have been made in putting this .024-carat diamond mountebank in a 'Bama uniform in the first place.

I mean, if he were "promoting" Goof-ball he could've pointed folks to www.goofball.c-m. Or you know, conjectured that the pieces were falling in place perfectly (in other words, falling apart) at the big ballpark in the Bronx for Goof-ball to be succeeded next year in Tuscaloosa by Joe the chimp Girardi...

If we had the staffs we have had the last few years this team would be just fine. They'd make a regional, most likely. The hitting is certainly there, but needing five starting pitchers and having two is killing us, plus, wherever these mental errors are coming from, they were not there under Mitch, not at this level.

Lord, I never thought anything would make me miss Mitch Gaspard, but yeah, I miss the days of at least winning a series every now and then. I keep telling myself it is only college baseball, but geez.

rtr

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

So it is a foregone conclusion Goff is getting canned at the end of the season? Or is it just scuttlebutt?
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation All-American crimsonkelly's Avatar

My opinion, it is wishful thinking by some. I just don't see it happening, but then again, we have a new AD who is allegedly a baseball guy and we have regressed seriously in the W/L department. Some think it will absolutely happen but I am not sold yet, it is tough to fire a coach after only 1 year unless they do something that warrants it. Granted what has been mentioned on here as to what Goff has done could potentially do it, time will tell.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

As a head coach in Division 1 and more importantly the SEC. Greg Goof couldn't even ride to the ballpark in the same car as Mitch Gaspard. Not even close. Gaspard will be a Head Coach again in a power conference. Goof may never get another chance after this debacle.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonkelly View Post
    My opinion, it is wishful thinking by some. I just don't see it happening, but then again, we have a new AD who is allegedly a baseball guy and we have regressed seriously in the W/L department. Some think it will absolutely happen but I am not sold yet, it is tough to fire a coach after only 1 year unless they do something that warrants it. Granted what has been mentioned on here as to what Goff has done could potentially do it, time will tell.
    I'm new to following the Tide in baseball. What has he done that could warrant termination?
    Last edited by Bamabuzzard; April 25th, 2017 at 05:17 PM.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    I new to following the Tide in baseball. What has he done that could warrant termination?
    Several things come to mind:

1. Treatment of players
    2. He has been called out by compliance multiple times for recruiting.
    3. Details regarding an injured player or two
    "What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment."-Nick Saban