Question: Recruiting Concerns & Questions

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I read yesterday where D Pierce now is second guessing his commitment to Bama. I believe georgia is in his ear. Im assuming our depth chart has something to do with it as well. RTR
Going to happen, particularly with very early commits. They`re nice and I know we hold on to a goodly number, but I usually put only fair stock in them unless they make it deep into their senior year.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I am starting to think it's more likely that the other SEC schools start to lose out on recruits because those kids feel that they can't compete for a NC if they are playing at another SEC School.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I am starting to think it's more likely that the other SEC schools start to lose out on recruits because those kids feel that they can't compete for a NC if they are playing at another SEC School.
Hehehehe.

Our diabolical plan is working... :cool2:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I just saw where we had 5 commits in 2016 on this date and we got 10 commits in June and July. We do not need to be concerned and we will pick up a lot in the next 2-3 months.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
First thought would be that someone is transferring or leaving the program.
Like we always say, we don't know who exactly is on scholarship and who is not. That being said, the numbers (based on recruiting classes and a guy or two that was given a scholarship) are over 85. Plus, we have the kicker and OL in this class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I would think that they would try to fit him in if at all possible (?). I think he deserves it, considering he probably could have gone most anywhere.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
As a newbie to this forum, why is there seemingly no apprehension from Tide fans as to the 2018 recruits? At this popular “ 247 Sports” website( link below), Alabama is a no show for the top 50- in contrast, Ohio, Clemson, et al appear to be raking them in. What, me worry?

http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=highschool
You can worry if you like, but I'm not worried because Coach Saban is in charge. A lot of people with some insider knowledge say we currently have several silent commitments. We also have 4 or 5 stars starting at every position. Some of these kids want to be guaranteed a spot with immediate playing time but CNS doesn't do that. My advice is relax and let it all play out. Welcome to Tidefans!

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
As a newbie to this forum, why is there seemingly no apprehension from Tide fans as to the 2018 recruits? At this popular “ 247 Sports” website( link below), Alabama is a no show for the top 50- in contrast, Ohio, Clemson, et al appear to be raking them in. What, me worry?

http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=highschool
Its more likely that Saban is taking a different tact this season given the early signing period than he used to. I could be wrong but its not likely that CNS forgot how to recruit all of a sudden. Patience.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Its more likely that Saban is taking a different tact this season given the early signing period than he used to. I could be wrong but its not likely that CNS forgot how to recruit all of a sudden. Patience.
Think you`re right Chop. A few fewer schollies available, I think, this go around plus the new wrinkle of the early signing period may well result in a different approach this year ( perhaps greater selectivity, for example ? ).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.