Question: Recruiting Concerns & Questions

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Just saw that CNS visited a satellite camp at USF. I wonder if his associates recommended he get back out there himself to solidify and gain new commitments? Last year he said he would not do this....

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/i...n_attends_satellite_c.html#incart_river_index
As with most everything Saban doesn't like (RPOs, satellite camps, etc), he's not going to do it until it becomes evident the rules aren't changing. When that became clear, he realized he's also got to be involved. Alabama worked camps last year and sent coaches. This is just the first Saban himself worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
As with most everything Saban doesn't like (RPOs, satellite camps, etc), he's not going to do it until it becomes evident the rules aren't changing. When that became clear, he realized he's also got to be involved. Alabama worked camps last year and sent coaches. This is just the first Saban himself worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. Meyer is coming to the south FL camps so Saban has too also.

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
I can remember the Shula, and Dubose years. I would look at the draft boards. I would look at high level recruits, and hope that they would ink with BAMA, and be surprised when they would sign with other teams. I remember when Brodie Croyle signed with BAMA, and I was so hopeful that he would bring a top class with him, but nothing special. I remember when Tebow almost signed with BAMA, and was upset when he went to Florida. But, sense Saban has been coach, the top classes just have a way of working out for BAMA, and I really don't worry about it anymore. I really do trust that Saban will sign the kids that are best for our program. Sure, we might not have the #1 class this year, but I bet at the end of the day, we will have the kids that are the best for the program. I believe that the staff is really evaluating, and only recruiting for our needs right now. I am sure that he is even passing on highly rated kids that do not fit the program. JMHO

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I can remember the Shula, and Dubose years. I would look at the draft boards. I would look at high level recruits, and hope that they would ink with BAMA, and be surprised when they would sign with other teams. I remember when Brodie Croyle signed with BAMA, and I was so hopeful that he would bring a top class with him, but nothing special. I remember when Tebow almost signed with BAMA, and was upset when he went to Florida. But, sense Saban has been coach, the top classes just have a way of working out for BAMA, and I really don't worry about it anymore. I really do trust that Saban will sign the kids that are best for our program. Sure, we might not have the #1 class this year, but I bet at the end of the day, we will have the kids that are the best for the program. I believe that the staff is really evaluating, and only recruiting for our needs right now. I am sure that he is even passing on highly rated kids that do not fit the program. JMHO
When you stock pile overall talent over the last number of classes, at just about every position, I think that you can do this. We no longer have such dearth of talent that we have to take a lot of kids at any position ( IMHO ).

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
We are being very very very selective this year. We will be top 5 but because of lower numbers wont be #1.
Yes, I really do believe that we can concentrate on recruiting for projected needs by position and class. It`s really harder to do that unless you`ve consistently recruited at an elite level for a protracted period of time. Needless to say, we`ve done that. These are good times. Even under Coach Bryant, we never recruited at this level so consistently.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
July 3rd and we are ranked about 50th in all recruiting rankings.... I think I am beginning to get a little uneasy.
I know... trust Saban... but still...

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
July 3rd and we are ranked about 50th in all recruiting rankings.... I think I am beginning to get a little uneasy.
We are ranked #50 because we only have 6 commits. There will be a bunch of highly rated 4*'s that will have their hearts broken because they won't be part of this class due to other higher rated kids getting their spot. You can choose to be uneasy if you want but it is for no reason whatsoever. Their are few certain's in life and death, taxes, Bama winning and recruiting are those certain's.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
We are ranked #50 because we only have 6 commits. There will be a bunch of highly rated 4*'s that will have their hearts broken because they won't be part of this class due to other higher rated kids getting their spot. You can choose to be uneasy if you want but it is for no reason whatsoever. Their are few certain's in life and death, taxes, Bama winning and recruiting are those certain's.
16 or so commitments downstream and we`re not a top 10 class or better, then I might wonder. Until then....

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Here are some Alabama targets the 247 guys mentioned as players to watch following The Opening:

Matt Corral, QB
Tanner McKee, QB
Josh Jobe, CB
Kelvin Joseph, CB
Penei Sewell, OT
JJ Peterson, LB
Jaycee Horn, CB
Luke Ford, TE
KJ Henry, DE
Tyson Campbell, CB
Patrick Surtain, Jr, DB
Cameron Latu, DE

A few notes:

Several big names are visiting this month, especially for the Champions Cookout towards the end of the month.

5* DE Micah Parsons expects to visit Tuscaloosa this month. He and father say Saban wants him to play RB.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Seriously? I see absolutely hear nor see any panic within the coaching ranks over this... :cool2:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Here are some Alabama targets the 247 guys mentioned as players to watch following The Opening:

Matt Corral, QB
Tanner McKee, QB
Josh Jobe, CB
Kelvin Joseph, CB
Penei Sewell, OT
JJ Peterson, LB
Jaycee Horn, CB
Luke Ford, TE
KJ Henry, DE
Tyson Campbell, CB
Patrick Surtain, Jr, DB
Cameron Latu, DE

A few notes:

Several big names are visiting this month, especially for the Champions Cookout towards the end of the month.

5* DE Micah Parsons expects to visit Tuscaloosa this month. He and father say Saban wants him to play RB.
I read where he kind of laughed at that and said that with the people we have at RB, no way.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.