Injuries

rtrbama1

1st Team
May 31, 2015
Forristall is ok, supposedly tweaked a hip, but nothing serious. Not sure about Robinson. He was on crutches after the game.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yes, I'm hoping it's a sprained MCL or something other than an ACL.
You can also tear a meniscus that way. I live a couple of blocks from a very steep, rocky trail. I managed to slip and perform that hyperflexion maneuver and had it repaired. A few months later, I did it again, not quite at the same spot. Trail was wet each time. I went in to my doc again and scheduled surgery. After surgery, when he brought in pix of my lateral meniscus, he commented that I had "lacerated" it. It looked like a shredded lace curtain, hanging down. My wife has threatened to leave me, if I use that trail again... :D

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
You can also tear a meniscus that way. I live a couple of blocks from a very steep, rocky trail. I managed to slip and perform that hyperflexion maneuver and had it repaired. A few months later, I did it again, not quite at the same spot. Trail was wet each time. I went in to my doc again and scheduled surgery. After surgery, when he brought in pix of my lateral meniscus, he commented that I had "lacerated" it. It looked like a shredded lace curtain, hanging down. My wife has threatened to leave me, if I use that trail again... :D
LOL! Earle, every time I read about one of your activities that invariably leads to injury, I think of the little kid who keeps trying out for various sports ..... and being told, "Son, perhaps this activity is not for you." ;)

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Earl, I'm beginning to think that you could injure your hand playing chess...and require surgery! :cool:

OTOH -- Robinson has to have a sprained knee at best...that was an unfortunate incident.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Miller and Averett both had sports hernia surgeries yesterday. Link

Two Alabama defensive players, cornerback Anthony Averett and outside linebacker Christian Miller, underwent sports hernia surgery Monday, AL.com has learned.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
but it's such a fun trail

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999
LOL! Earle, every time I read about one of your activities that invariably leads to injury, I think of the little kid who keeps trying out for various sports ..... and being told, "Son, perhaps this activity is not for you." ;)
I surprised the board doesn't have an entire section dedicated to Earl's extensive injury history. At the same time, Earle, you are the man for keeping active despite many setbacks! Keep it going!

TraskiTideFan

1st Team
Apr 18, 2009
Savannah TN
So I didn't concentrate too much on the defense during the A-Day game, but did Shaun Dion Hamilton participate in the scrimmage at all or is he still in the recovery stage?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I surprised the board doesn't have an entire section dedicated to Earl's extensive injury history. At the same time, Earle, you are the man for keeping active despite many setbacks! Keep it going!
I wonder if there`s any part of Earle`s body that hasn`t been pulled, torn, broken, snapped, or simply malfunctioned?:eek::)

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.