News Article: Adrian Peterson, Saints closing in on contract

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I would be done with this team if I was Mark Ingram. IMO they have stolen the best years of his career by there misuse and underuse of him. Link

Sorry all, my computer freaked out and it caused me to post this twice.

Last edited:

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
I agree that Ingram is being wasted in NO. I've always though this based on their style of play. He's making the best out of his situation. I do,think, however that Ingram's presence will help to prolong Peterson's career, which is probably his selling point in going there. Payton has always used multiple backs. And if they get to the playoffs (which I doubt since they've failed to address glaring concerns with their defense AND for the 3rd offseason in a row have gotten rid of their QB's favorite target - Graham, Stills, Cooks), there will be a premium put on running. The regular season is for the air show. The playoffs is for old school, "real" football.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
As long as they keep paying him, I suspect that he will remain very happy. He will never hold records or make the HoF there, but he will get paid.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
As long as they keep paying him, I suspect that he will remain very happy. He will never hold records or make the HoF there, but he will get paid.
Not really the point B1G. Any player is happy as long as they are getting paid but a lot of guys can be unhappy in the way they are being used. Mark would have quite a few suitors in the league.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I agree that Ingram is being wasted in NO. I've always though this based on their style of play. He's making the best out of his situation. I do,think, however that Ingram's presence will help to prolong Peterson's career, which is probably his selling point in going there. Payton has always used multiple backs. And if they get to the playoffs (which I doubt since they've failed to address glaring concerns with their defense AND for the 3rd offseason in a row have gotten rid of their QB's favorite target - Graham, Stills, Cooks), there will be a premium put on running. The regular season is for the air show. The playoffs is for old school, "real" football.
Not really the point B1G. Any player is happy as long as they are getting paid but a lot of guys can be unhappy in the way they are being used. Mark would have quite a few suitors in the league.
Yea at that level of competition you want to have a legacy even if you can't make the HOF. Think of all the players who take pay cuts for wins or for systems that suit them better.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
I understand the gripes about Ingram being underused/under appreciated, but he may actually have a longer career and be able to walk in his 50s as a result too.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I am not a Saints fan, but all that I have ever heard from Ingram leads me to believe that he is a part of their family and happy to help however they need him to help. I get that you guys want more for him, but what if he has what he wants?

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Even is Saints sign AP, Ingram will get all the carries in the second half of the season when AP has his annual "leg falling off game" or child beating spree.

Bamamax1

Scout Team
Jan 10, 2017
I understand the gripes about Ingram being underused/under appreciated, but he may actually have a longer career and be able to walk in his 50s as a result too.
This is the importance of dual back systems
You are able to live your life later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.