2018 QB Possibilities
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2018 QB Possibilities

I thought I would start a thread about our possible 2018 QB commit(s). Many of the top QB's have already committed and we typically like to get a QB in the fold to help recruit for each class. We may be in play for this guy who just decommitted from Kentucky. Dual threat appears to still be a direction we are going to go when pursuing QB's.

http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/QB...ucky--52460726

2. Advertisement

Re: 2018 QB Possibilities

I read somewhere that we got a silent commit recently. I would think it may be him.

I read some comments recently from Justin Fields that seem to indicate that Bama wasn't recruiting him that hard. I wonder who is #1 QB on our board?

Quote Originally Posted by bodiddle View Post
    I read some comments recently from Justin Fields that seem to indicate that Bama wasn't recruiting him that hard. I wonder who is #1 QB on our board?
    Unfortunately, Fields appears to be looking primarily at Auburn, Florida and Georgia.

Alabama seems to be focusing on Matt Corral and Tanner McKee. There's a possible issue with McKee, though. He's Mormon and plans to take his two year mission after graduating high school, so he won't get to college until he's 20.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Unfortunately, Fields appears to be looking primarily at Auburn, Florida and Georgia.

Alabama seems to be focusing on Matt Corral and Tanner McKee. There's a possible issue with McKee, though. He's Mormon and plans to take his two year mission after graduating high school, so he won't get to college until he's 20.
    Thanks.

BamaNation All-American

For `18, that would leave Corral then? Don`t know how truly serious he is about us. If we miss on him, could we see a no QB cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    For `18, that would leave Corral then? Don`t know how truly serious he is about us. If we miss on him, could we see a no QB cycle?
    Corral and McKee are the top two options at the moment. There's mutual interest with both.

From what I've read guys are pretty fond of Daboll's work with Brady in NE.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."

With only 3 on scholarship now there is no way we don't sign somebody in this class and two would not be out of the question. If we miss on high priority targets we will get some lesser known commit in this class such as the 3* kid referenced above who was committed to KY.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    With only 3 on scholarship now there is no way we don't sign somebody in this class and two would not be out of the question. If we miss on high priority targets we will get some lesser known commit in this class such as the 3* kid referenced above who was committed to KY.
    Thanks guys. Fine by me if that`s what the staff feels best meets our needs.

And of course, the day I say that about Corral he announces he's no longer visiting for the Champions Cookout. Looks to be down to Florida and Georgia.
    -- Coach Bryant

BamaNation All-American

And of course, the day I say that about Corral he announces he's no longer visiting for the Champions Cookout. Looks to be down to Florida and Georgia.
    Wow, Florida and Georgia in the finals for both Fields and Corral? Damn!

Wow, Florida and Georgia in the finals for both Fields and Corral? Damn!
    Early playing time at Florida is a big pull. Also, less competition at Florida. I don't think either will end up at Gawga.

Our insiders are extremely confident on Fields. He's making a trip and going to throw for us with Matthew Hill and Kearis Jackson in the next few days.
    Just a barner.

Oiny oiny oiny yaw yaw footbaw