2018 QB Possibilities

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
I read some comments recently from Justin Fields that seem to indicate that Bama wasn't recruiting him that hard. I wonder who is #1 QB on our board?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I read some comments recently from Justin Fields that seem to indicate that Bama wasn't recruiting him that hard. I wonder who is #1 QB on our board?
Unfortunately, Fields appears to be looking primarily at Auburn, Florida and Georgia.

Alabama seems to be focusing on Matt Corral and Tanner McKee. There's a possible issue with McKee, though. He's Mormon and plans to take his two year mission after graduating high school, so he won't get to college until he's 20.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
Unfortunately, Fields appears to be looking primarily at Auburn, Florida and Georgia.

Alabama seems to be focusing on Matt Corral and Tanner McKee. There's a possible issue with McKee, though. He's Mormon and plans to take his two year mission after graduating high school, so he won't get to college until he's 20.
Thanks.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

For `18, that would leave Corral then? Don`t know how truly serious he is about us. If we miss on him, could we see a no QB cycle?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
For `18, that would leave Corral then? Don`t know how truly serious he is about us. If we miss on him, could we see a no QB cycle?
Corral and McKee are the top two options at the moment. There's mutual interest with both.

From what I've read guys are pretty fond of Daboll's work with Brady in NE.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
With only 3 on scholarship now there is no way we don't sign somebody in this class and two would not be out of the question. If we miss on high priority targets we will get some lesser known commit in this class such as the 3* kid referenced above who was committed to KY.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
With only 3 on scholarship now there is no way we don't sign somebody in this class and two would not be out of the question. If we miss on high priority targets we will get some lesser known commit in this class such as the 3* kid referenced above who was committed to KY.
Thanks guys. Fine by me if that`s what the staff feels best meets our needs.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
And of course, the day I say that about Corral he announces he's no longer visiting for the Champions Cookout. Looks to be down to Florida and Georgia.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Our insiders are extremely confident on Fields. He's making a trip and going to throw for us with Matthew Hill and Kearis Jackson in the next few days.
Geeze Dub.... Stidham..... Fields? Should the rest of us even bother to show up for the next 3-4 years? My barn friends are saying, " No ".

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
If it makes you feel any better, if we crap the bed this year we'll likely miss on him.
Thanks, but I don`t really feel one way or the other about it. I don`t subscribe to the " All we need is a great QB to win it all " philosophy. Should have put my first sentence in blue, I suppose.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Anyone know what the story is with Jack West from Saraland? He committed to Stanford a while back and it seems like neither Alabama or Auburn has a chance.

Is he going out there for the quality of education and playing time or did no one really pursue him hard here....or all of the above? I'm just surprised a player of his caliber is leaving the state to go that far.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Anyone know what the story is with Jack West from Saraland? He committed to Stanford a while back and it seems like neither Alabama or Auburn has a chance.

Is he going out there for the quality of education and playing time or did no one really pursue him hard here....or all of the above? I'm just surprised a player of his caliber is leaving the state to go that far.
IIRC, he wanted to go for the education because he wants a political career after football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

For Stanford...? That is well worth the distance as it is a fine school. :cool2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.