Running Back Depth and Playing Rotation

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Expect a transfer
That would be unfortunate but understandable. If Bo's not on the team it's because he's entering the draft, which is highly possibly if he has a great season and stays healthy.

D.Harris and Jacobs will be Co-Starters in 2018 I'd imagine with N.Harris nipping at their heels at #2.

So yeah the writing is on the wall with the odd man out. Injuries really put him behind the 8 ball along with Jacobs playing like a 4/5 Star player.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
That would be unfortunate but understandable. If Bo's not on the team it's because he's entering the draft, which is highly possibly if he has a great season and stays healthy.

D.Harris and Jacobs will be Co-Starters in 2018 I'd imagine with N.Harris nipping at their heels at #2.

So yeah the writing is on the wall with the odd man out. Injuries really put him behind the 8 ball along with Jacobs playing like a 4/5 Star player.
I think that Najee will be your #1 RB next year.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Certainly possible. That's why I put the part in about him nipping at their heels....lol. He could definitely overtake them if he can block and lives up to the hype. But after CNS started Yeldon over Henry in 2014 you have to think he'll start Damien and Josh....at first.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Certainly possible. That's why I put the part in about him nipping at their heels....lol. He could definitely overtake them if he can block and lives up to the hype. But after CNS started Yeldon over Henry in 2014 you have to think he'll start Damien and Josh....at first.
Saban has to have learned from that, right? His single biggest mistake at Alabama, IMO.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I think it will depend on who is here next year. If Harris and Bo both go pro then I think you are probably right. I could see him and Jacob both getting a ton of touches though kind of like Yeldon and Henry when the touches were pretty close to even. In this case though I would expect Najee to be the Yeldon in that he would have a few more carries.

Side note: I still think people are underrating Jacobs.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I think it will depend on who is here next year. If Harris and Bo both go pro then I think you are probably right. I could see him and Jacob both getting a ton of touches though kind of like Yeldon and Henry when the touches were pretty close to even. In this case though I would expect Najee to be the Yeldon in that he would have a few more carries.

I think Harris should go pro after this year if he gets a mid round grade. It's not like he's going to get any more carries in 2018. It's a blessing/curse situation that we have such a talented backfield. On one hand if someone gets an injury or fatigued we can swap in a very talented guy. On the other hand a player like Harris would put up all time great numbers if he got 25 carries per game..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Jacobs looks like a different guy this year. Can see Daboll using him in different roles. The Patriots used RBs all over the field in different ways to get them the ball.

I think Harris should go pro after this year if he gets a mid round grade. It's not like he's going to get any more carries in 2018. It's a blessing/curse situation that we have such a talented backfield. On one hand if someone gets an injury or fatigued we can swap in a very talented guy. On the other hand a player like Harris would put up all time great numbers if he got 25 carries per game..
This. This. This. Damien needs to go pro after this year. With the shelf-life of a NFL RB, he needs to get in the league as soon as he can.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Jacobs looks like a different guy this year. Can see Daboll using him in different roles. The Patriots used RBs all over the field in different ways to get them the ball.

This. This. This. Damien needs to go pro after this year. With the shelf-life of a NFL RB, he needs to get in the league as soon as he can.
Yea he looks bigger. He is a nightmare in the open field. I'm sure Daboll has some ideas on how to use him. I hope for his sake they work on his route running because it would add to his value when he goes pro. The guy is talented. Also agree Damien would be smart to go pro after this year. I just don't know if he will.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Agreed and think he will. I think Eddie is the only RB under Saban that has stayed 4 years and like RTR91 said RB's have a limited shelf life in the NFL and Damien can play in the league.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Agreed and think he will. I think Eddie is the only RB under Saban that has stayed 4 years and like RTR91 said RB's have a limited shelf life in the NFL and Damien can play in the league.
Yea good point. If Yeldon went pro after his JR season I see no reason why Harris wouldn't.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Highly agree. Most feature backs get about 225-275 carries a year in college on average. If hypothetically Jacobs had that many carries he would have 1,500-1,800 yards rushing and 11-13 TD's based off his FR YPC. Realistically the TD's would more likely be around 18-20+

He's a STUD.....

But so is Damien... AND Bo...lol. You give Damien those carries and he would have 1,700-1,950 yards rushing. Bo would have 1,500-1,800 yards rushing.

All 3 are Beasts with different styles. A true three-headed monster in the backfield. If all stay healthy it's just not fair to opposing teams honestly ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.