Bill Nye's new show, this may be the worst thing I have ever watched

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
it was being rumored that he chose to do the new show on Netflix because he got total creative control. Thinking maybe they should have held on a little tighter

If that is true though he didn't have to do this bit for the $$$, he did it because he wanted to
Nye seems like the type who tries to pull off the clean and squeaky look. But in reality has some sick fetishes in his closet. This just seems like him cracking the closet door open just a little.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think the 2017 Bill NYE has made 3 mistakes.

1) he went full political. Sometimes when celebrities do this it works out, but most of the time not.

2) He went too adult. Sometimes when a kids show transitions to an adult show due to a generation growing up with it. But it's usually a semi adult show to begin with. Like Samurai Jack and the Batman animated universe. Both had adult undertones to begin with so it flawlessly transitioned well into full adult stuff. I don't think a guy who was on PBS to entertain kids was ever going to be more than a generation's Mr. Rodgers or Captain Kangaroo.

3) He clearly doesn't know what audience to target. Just watching the clip I was trying to figure out if he is going for being Pee Wee's Adult Playhouse or the show that reenacts all the SNL skits that couldn't get a chuckle.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
I think it's clear that while many here may love science, you all do not #$@&%*! love science.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Netflix turns Stalin, and edits existing Shill Nye, the Sell-out Guy episode.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/16045...nye-episode-hide-segment-amanda-prestigiacomo

In an original version of a 1996 Bill Nye the Science Guy episode, called "Probability," a young girl explains that it's your chromosomes that determine your sex and gender, which there are two of, not 97. This segment has now been removed entirely from the Netflix version of the episode. The Ministry of Truth has made sure that Nye has always believed gender is fluid.

"I'm a girl. Could have just as easily been a boy, though, because the probability of becoming a girl is always 1 in 2," says the young girl in the original episode.

"See, inside each of our cells are these things called chromosomes, and they control whether we become a boy or a girl," she continues. "See, there are only two possibilities: XX, a girl, or XY, a boy."

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Netflix turns Stalin, and edits existing Shill Nye, the Sell-out Guy episode.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/16045...nye-episode-hide-segment-amanda-prestigiacomo
What a joke, I wonder what else Netflix has edited. Maybe they should re-edit Ken Burns' Civil War documentary to only talk about slavery since that's the only thing the war was about according to PC police. Shoot, let's start burning people at the stake again for trying to speak scientific truths. It worked so well back in the good ole days, I mean we all still believe the Earth is flat, right.

I love the closing statement of that article:

As the Left scrubs scientific realities they dislike from past media without so much as a disclaimer, it's important to remember that the "Religious Right" is our greatest threat to fascism. Or something.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Jeezus, next thing y'all will be telling me that Captain Kangaroo wasn't REALLY a captain or something.......

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.