News Article: ESPN layoffs

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Lee Corso is older than Verne Lundquist and Brent Musberger, who both left the scene after last season.

Do they perhaps fear an age discrimination lawsuit????

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I like Corso and, at this point, to me he is a part of the college football fabric that I've grown accustom to. I start my Saturday's by recording gameday and then about 9:00 a.m. start watching. This affords me the opportunity to fast forward thru their fluff.

I think they made a mistake by extending it to 3 hours. It would be a much better show if it were still two hours and, honestly, they could do all the meaningful things they do in 1 hour.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
ESPN pulling out all the stops. They are bringing back Hank Jr and his "All my rowdy friends" song for MNF. Remember they pulled Hank when he made negative comments about President Obama and Vice President Joe Biden. Things must have really gotten bad for them to bring him back. I guess next they will bring back Rush for the Thursday night pre-games.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19539601/hank-williams-jr-iconic-song-returning-monday-night-football
Maybe business is so bad that they are willing to let Hank back in OR (I doubt this is true) they've come to realize that most of the people in the middle of the country that watch college and pro football probably don't share the progressive values of the the two left coasts.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I always liked Corso. I quit watching Game Day 3 years ago and never watched Monday night football so none of these changes affect me. The SEC network's version of Gameday, to me is better, but I rarely watch it.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
ESPN pulling out all the stops. They are bringing back Hank Jr and his "All my rowdy friends" song for MNF. Remember they pulled Hank when he made negative comments about President Obama and Vice President Joe Biden. Things must have really gotten bad for them to bring him back. I guess next they will bring back Rush for the Thursday night pre-games.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19539601/hank-williams-jr-iconic-song-returning-monday-night-football
Actually, I liked watching Faith Hill sing the opening song from a couple of years ago.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.