2017 NFL Draft Thread (April 27-29)

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
When did Jamal Adams become worthy of a #2 overall pick? Whenever we played LSU none of us were like, "Gotta keep an eye on him."
I mean he had 1 int, 1 tfl and 6 tackles this year against us. He isn't Sean Taylor(meaning he shouldn't be drafted #2) but he is a really good player that I think might be even better suited for the pros. He is also very versatile and can play SS or FS which is big in the modern NFL.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I'm very hopeful that the Titans will grab Eddie if he's still around in the 3rd round area.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I admit I haven't been following the mock drafts religiously or anything because they change so much and often miss the mark on Draft night. But from the ones I looked at months ago and the latest ones from Mayock, Kiper, and McShay I'm still just floored in absolute shock that Mitch Trubisky is going to go before Deshaun Watson.

It's just dumbfounding. What's great though is that in 2 of the Mocks it's Cleveland who is taking Trubisky. That's Hilarious. It will be another disaster pick for them while they watch Watson go be a perennial pro-bowler for another team....LOL.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The return skills got Cyrus Jones a boost in the draft as well. I hope Eddie will go higher than expected for that. I hope he goes in the second round like Cyrus did.
I don't think that he will go that early. He is a tweener in the NFL - large CB without a ton of speed or small(ish) safety who plays the ball well in the air, but will struggle covering over the top against the really fast receivers in the league.

He will be drafted because he is a ball hawk, like Mathieu, with solid return skills. But I see him going in the second half of the draft.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I don't think that he will go that early. He is a tweener in the NFL - large CB without a ton of speed or small(ish) safety who plays the ball well in the air, but will struggle covering over the top against the really fast receivers in the league.

He will be drafted because he is a ball hawk, like Mathieu, with solid return skills. But I see him going in the second half of the draft.
This depends on how well he recovers from injury. But he's been timed between 4.4-.4.5 in the 40. Speed won't be a problem if he returns to 100% health. I think he will be an amazing steal for some team and be a heck of a Safety. I'm biased though :)

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I admit I haven't been following the mock drafts religiously or anything because they change so much and often miss the mark on Draft night. But from the ones I looked at months ago and the latest ones from Mayock, Kiper, and McShay I'm still just floored in absolute shock that Mitch Trubisky is going to go before Deshaun Watson.

It's just dumbfounding. What's great though is that in 2 of the Mocks it's Cleveland who is taking Trubisky. That's Hilarious. It will be another disaster pick for them while they watch Watson go be a perennial pro-bowler for another team....LOL.

the QB's that get taken in the 1st round the last few years keep surprising me. there have been some real head scratchers.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
My gawd, these red carpet reporters on the NFL network are terrible lol. Are we sure they haven't been the ones firing everyone..

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Always appreciate it when whoever sings the National Anthem doesn't do that high octave jump at "the land of the free...." part. Much respect to these ladies... :D

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Always appreciate it when whoever sings the National Anthem doesn't do that high octave jump at "the land of the free...." part. Much respect to these ladies... :D
probably because they seemed to have pathetic range...if they had the chops they'd be going crazy on the anthem.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Man, Chris Mortensen sounds so different after going through his battle with cancer. Good for him for being there but he doesn't sound good..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.