Alabama 7
Florida 4
LSU 4
aTm 2
Tennessee 1
Missouri 1
Ole Miss 1
Vandy 1
Little brother's name is missing from that list.

Bama had 9 of the top 80 picks. The process is working quite nicely. Congrats guys. You are next Eddie. Anybody else other than Eddie today?

http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/A...-draft-records-on-Day-2-of-NFL-Draft-52545742

http://alabama.247sports.com/Conten...l-Twitter-Reacts-To-Bama-NFL-Draft-R-52547483

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm guessing the NFL has finally put together that the Big 12 is nothing more than 'basketball on turf.'

One of the two selected (Mixon) probably should not have been (let me be clear: while I think context is everything and YES, there are occasional one-shot wonders like Bobby Cox or Warren Moon, I would not draft Mixon out of fear of what he could do. That's just me, but I suspect there's some NFL owners and
GMs just like me).

And the other is going to be nothing more than yet another Texas Tech 'system quarterback,' who flames out in the NFL.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Yeldon hasn't been given enough touches to be considered inconsistent. I'm not a big Yeldon fan, but the Jags have no idea how good he might be. They haven't really given him a chance. Of course, it hasn't helped that he is hurt so often.
That's what I meant by consistent. Can't get touches if you're never on the field. TBH I really think his ceiling is higher than what we have seen from his play on the pro level this far but to be even more honest Leonard Fournette's ceiling is likely higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craxycat

All-SEC
Apr 24, 2009
There is a funny story circulating that Foster was on the phone with the Saints when he was drafted by the 49ers. Apparently the Saints, who had the last pick in the 1st round, called to tell him that they were going to pick him. The Seahawks were on the clock - the team ahead of the Saints - and LB was not one of their needs, so the Saints had made up their minds that Foster was their guy.

Then the Seahawks traded their pick to the 49ers, who called Foster to tell him that they had just drafted him while he was still on the phone with the Saints.

He then hung up on the Saints. :biggrin:
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/reuben-foster-hangs-up-new-orleans-san-fransisco/

He tells the story in the video...hilarious.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Time to hear Eddie Jackson's name today. I hope it is a good team that gives him a chance.
Well, he went early, but not to a great team. With their ownership they will be good eventually, but they need a lot of help right now.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I'm currently singing Eddie's praises to the Bears fans I work with. Telling them they got a good'un.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
The Bears drafted Eddie? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know too excited for this but still, to see the Bears draft a Bama player is always exciting for me. (Still laughing at Rueben Foster story.)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.