2017 NFL Draft Thread (April 27-29)

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I think it's funny that our guys - Foster and Robinson - dropped because of supposed off field issues which include owning a gun without proper permit and yelling at a nurse. Meanwhile, Bowles (IIRC) and Conley both get drafted high when one was kicked out of 5 different schools and the other is being investigated for rape. BTW, I don't think Conley did what he's accused of. So, morale of the story, if you want to be a high draft pick don't yell at a nurse..
It's ridiculous and very frustrating, isn't it? My jaw hit the floor when the Utah guy was drafted and they began listing his issues.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
It's ridiculous and very frustrating, isn't it? My jaw hit the floor when the Utah guy was drafted and they began listing his issues.
Yea, it's kind of messed up how that happened. He walks on stage with his baby and gets to have his big redemption story meanwhile Reuben doesn't even get invited to the draft for yelling at a nurse? :conf2:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Congrats to Bama nation for doing so well in the draft! I know some here were frustrated at the sequence players were drafted in but IMHO things always work out for a reason and the important thing is that these players end up with a good team and they are a good fit in that system. Not who gets picked ahead of who.

The competition is over at this point. The season has ended and these young men are on to the next level.

As fans..we are very passionate about our programs, no doubt. But let's celebrate the fact that our players are being drafted into the NFL....and let the chips fall where they may. Cream always rises to the top.

Just my 2 cents.....carry on.....:)

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Sure, I'm biased as an Alabama fan, but it sure seems to me that our players are placed under a microscope that other schools are not.

So often with our guys you hear the nit-picking and negatives from the talking heads, while other schools - especially non-Top 25 types - get the "feel good" and "incredible potential" comments.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Sure, I'm biased as an Alabama fan, but it sure seems to me that our players are placed under a microscope that other schools are not.

So often with our guys you hear the nit-picking and negatives from the talking heads, while other schools - especially non-Top 25 types - get the "feel good" and "incredible potential" comments.

A lot of that comes from jealousy. The other part comes with being in the limelight as a perennial top-contender.

The big picture though is what counts. These young men who have worked their tails off are now reaping the rewards. Gotta love that.....

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I read someone's comment that was interesting. The fact that the Seahawks traded with the 49ers which enabled the 49ers to draft Foster. The Seahawks brains trust must have a very low opinion of Reuben Foster to do that trade with a divisional opponent..

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
A lot of that comes from jealousy. The other part comes with being in the limelight as a perennial top-contender.

The big picture though is what counts. These young men who have worked their tails off are now reaping the rewards. Gotta love that.....
Yes, I'm definitely happy for these guys. They've given blood, sweat and tears playing in Crimson - the team I love.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I read someone's comment that was interesting. The fact that the Seahawks traded with the 49ers which enabled the 49ers to draft Foster. The Seahawks brains trust must have a very low opinion of Reuben Foster to do that trade with a divisional opponent..
Nah, 49ers just offered them the best deal. Rumored that a few other teams tried to trade up too. They already have Bobby Wagner and KJ Wright at LB too so it's not a need for them.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Yes, I'm definitely happy for these guys. They've given blood, sweat and tears playing in Crimson - the team I love.
Amen.

These sports "analysts" are not that bright either and they do have their biases. Funny thing is...all fans bases know what is going on, regardless of what is said and done.

I understand the frustration though. That comes from passion and that's not all bad...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
That's a stretch. Not like the 49ers called and said "Hey... We'd like to get Foster if you guys don't want him. We'll give you this for that pick. Thanks."

Edit: Let me add I'm not saying you're making that stretch CF. Referring to the person that made the comment. Just can't see how they come away with that line of thinking.

Last edited:

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
That's a stretch. Not like the 49ers called and said "Hey... We'd like to get Foster if you guys don't want him. We'll give you this for that pick. Thanks."
Ha...on one hand I know you're right. But after last nights inexplicable display of bizzaro world ineptitude.... I wouldn't assume any limit on these teams stupidity at the management level.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Hearing the talking heads in Atlanta talk about the Falcons pick is like watching Talking Dead when Gimple or Kirkman are on. The pick is apparently “brilliant” and genius”. FYI the guy the Falcons traded up for will not even be available for 2-3 weeks to start the season due to a shoulder injury.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Hearing the talking heads in Atlanta talk about the Falcons pick is like watching Talking Dead when Gimple or Kirkman are on. The pick is apparently “brilliant” and genius”. FYI the guy the Falcons traded up for will not even be available for 2-3 weeks to start the season due to a shoulder injury.
That guy seemed crazy. It's kind of weird to carry a framed portrait of your grandmother around with you (and yes I heard the backstory on that) but he just seemed like a loose cannon. Every interview I saw he was scream talking and just so amped up. Maybe he's a good ball player but he seemed a little loony..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Rueben really lost some $ by falling as far as he did. He'll probably net ~$2M of that signing bonus. Not sure how far that gets you in San Fran. Still, what he got is a great head start in life..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
That guy seemed crazy. It's kind of weird to carry a framed portrait of your grandmother around with you (and yes I heard the backstory on that) but he just seemed like a loose cannon. Every interview I saw he was scream talking and just so amped up. Maybe he's a good ball player but he seemed a little loony..
He still had the picture with him when he boarded the plane this morning.

Apparently, AJ might be in play tonight...

Browns buzz on trading for Jimmy Garoppolo, losing Mitch Trubisky, Kirk Cousins reports, AJ McCarron and more

4. AJ McCarron still on the radar?

If the Browns can't land Garoppolo, will they pursue Cincinnati's AJ McCarron? McCarron wants to be traded, and Hue Jackson likes him. McCarron knows the system and he'd be cheaper than Garoppolo. A couple of second-round picks might do it, one source close to the situation said. Would the Bengals trade McCarron to their AFC North rivals? I believe they would. But will the Browns want to surrender the picks to do it?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
For someone who attended UCLA he came across as someone very uneducated. Embarrassing, regardless of "where he came from". There's being amped up and then there's losing control. He lost control.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.