IRS/Feds raid Televangalist Benny Hinn's Texas HQ

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
This doesn't surprise me at all. The mega church pastors are pimps. Always have been this way and always will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]
Just keep sending me your money and I'll pray for you in my multi-million dollar mansion (all of them), while driving my Lambo (Joel) or flying on my Gulfstream (Creflo).

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I really should have been a preacher.
You'd likely be dirt poor.

A study in 2012 found that the average pastor's salary was $28,000 a year.
It's a minuscule percentage of pastors that make big bucks. Still though, those few really don't help.
For the record, I don't think you should live in poverty if you are a pastor, but c'mon, MILLIONS of dollars? I dunno. I'd like to think I'd be donating that or re-investing it in other ministries, but then again I've never had millions thrown at me.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
You'd likely be dirt poor.

A study in 2012 found that the average pastor's salary was $28,000 a year.
It's a minuscule percentage of pastors that make big bucks. Still though, those few really don't help.
For the record, I don't think you should live in poverty if you are a pastor, but c'mon, MILLIONS of dollars? I dunno. I'd like to think I'd be donating that or re-investing it in other ministries, but then again I've never had millions thrown at me.
You don't understand how truly charismatic I can be. ;)

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Most likely because most pastor's are actually preaching the Word, not 'prosperity gospel', aka telling people what they want to hear...
Even in the mid-sized or larger churches that aren't of this "ilk" there are still many so-called pastors that are doing this for the wrong reasons. I always "loved" at our church when one pastor leaves because he was "called" to accept the job at another church. Yeah, that church is bigger and paying more money. SMH. I'm sure most are doing it for the right reasons, but there are many, including one I grew up with in Mobile who pastors a large church in Mobile that I question his true motivation based on his comments in our earlier days.

But, he'll be judged for his actions just as I will be for mine.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
My uncle used to be a Church of Christ preacher and he's one of the biggest crooks and swindlers I've ever seen. He married one wealthy older woman and took everything from her family when she died, is married to another fairly well off older woman now, and most recently swooped in and stole everything of value from my other uncle and his kids as he was dying of cancer.

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
Being a Pastor/Preacher, I have read through this thread. I can only speak for myself. I am not in it for the money. I realize there are some who are in it for the money. I am not rich by any stretch but our bills get paid each month. God has been good. We are blessed. I just want y'all to know there are a great many of us who are truly serving the Lord and not in it for the money. I am truly sorry if you have had a bad experience with a Pastor. I serve the Savior who died for my sins bottom line. I only have to please him and no one else. And after all of that, RTR!

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
While I am A Christian, and Whole Heartedly Believe In The Man Upstairs, And Know That For Every Shyster Making A Buck In The Name Of God, There Are Thousands Of Honest, Godly Folks, Spreading The Word....

I Can't help but LOL at Hinn and think of the special Hell, folks like him will receive for their "reward" on Earth!..

I think back to an Oral Roberts "Healing Tour" tent in Texas, that got hit by a mini tornado and injured many people....you know, where the sick and injured came out for him to heal.....I can see the mighty healer now......"Somebody call 911!!!! Get Some ambulances out here now!!! We have hurt people here!!!"[emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Even in the mid-sized or larger churches that aren't of this "ilk" there are still many so-called pastors that are doing this for the wrong reasons. I always "loved" at our church when one pastor leaves because he was "called" to accept the job at another church. Yeah, that church is bigger and paying more money. SMH. I'm sure most are doing it for the right reasons, but there are many, including one I grew up with in Mobile who pastors a large church in Mobile that I question his true motivation based on his comments in our earlier days.

You can always joint the Methodist or Catholic church and just take whatever the bishop sends you... :)

My uncle used to be a Church of Christ preacher and he's one of the biggest crooks and swindlers I've ever seen. He married one wealthy older woman and took everything from her family when she died, is married to another fairly well off older woman now, and most recently swooped in and stole everything of value from my other uncle and his kids as he was dying of cancer.
I don't know how you hold on to your patience with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

This is one of the main reasons I quit going to my church. I've seen the same thing play out several times. They always get "called' like you say and it's always at a bigger church paying more money.

Then the new pastor that comes in is always young who is gaining 'experience'. It's like smaller churches in smaller towns are just 'training grounds' and the benefits are never enough to keep them around once they feel they've outgrown their congregation.

I dunno....I find it pretty insulting. Like the the group of people you are with collectively are not 'good enough' for them to minister to anymore.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.