Good article comparing last year to now

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Think about this... Our RPI is 200. The next lowest power 5 school is Ohio St at 158. The next worse SEC teams are UGA at 115 and MIZ at 72. Every other SEC program is top 40. Chances are 11 SEC schools make a regional. Maybe MIZ if they finish strong and win a few in Hoover.

We have SWAC schools with a better RPI for crying outloud! This is a joke.....

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I understand maybe wanting a few players to move on to open up some roster spots for new recruits but you can't drive the program off the cliff in the process just to get the players you want on board.

If I am AD Byrne I go ahead make a move at the end of the season buyout Goff's contract and get my guy in there to rebuild the program.

We will already be going into year 3 with a new venue with absolutely nothing to show for it. You simply can't continue as an AD to mis-manage baseball to this degree not when you have spent topshelf money on its facilities.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
It would take one hell of a turnaround to wash the taste of this out of the collective mouths of the fans, alumni, boosters, etc. How are the Grandslammers taking this? 2-28? 2 and freakin' 28? I mean, when we get swept by the Aubs this weekend will people begin to make some noise about this?

We are better at the plate with Goff in charge, I admit. In every other phase of the game we are worse. Worse than we were under Mitch. Let that sink in.

I pity the kids who sign with us thinking they will get the kind of coaching they would at most SEC schools. Obviously, at any other SEC school this season. These are good players who need good leadership, and it is just a shame that they are having the joy of the game crushed out of them right now.

rtr

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
If the reports we are hearing about, with..........shall we say scrutiny, by the compliance office, are true, maybe there is enough there to fire Goof, with cause.

We can only pray.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
. How are the Grandslammers taking this? 2-28? 2 and freakin' 28? I mean, when we get swept by the Aubs this weekend will people begin to make some noise about this?

rtr
The President and VP think he is an utter moron. Byrne isn't stupid....

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I was the head coach for one year at an inner city high school. I wasn't fired after that year, I resigned, but I should have been fired. A couple of years ago I went to a Bama game when we were hosting LSU (I was a season ticket holder for several years, even living in south Baldwin County), and the stuff our kids were doing before the game compared to what Manieri (sic?) was having the Tigers do was shocking. The only coaching I saw anyone doing was being done by Taylor Dugas, while LSU had balls moving all over the place and the coaches were out there working the guys the whole time. I thought to myself that this was a lazy staff and that's when it really hit me that a change had to be made. Our kids were doing the same things that I did as a coach, and I know that wasn't helping them.

Ironically, if I remember correctly we beat the poop out of LSU in that game, but that was beside the point. It was obvious that we needed a new coach if you knew what to look for. All I have heard about the current staff is leading me to believe that they don't like these kids and are not coaching them to improve and get better, and that's a thing I can't forgive. Goff is being paid $450K for this? He is stealing, and he should be treated like he is stealing. He may go on to greatness somewhere and wind up being the coach we wish we'd have kept, but right now all I see him as is the coach who finally destroyed Alabama baseball.

rtr

SECis the best

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 17, 2017
Coach Goofy will never go on to greatness in a conference like this, or Big 12 or ACC or Pac or even the Big 10 where they don't even have close to the facilities he walked into. He has NO idea of how to run a pitching staff. The starters hardly ever get a chance to come back from being behind in the game. He is going to kill Garrett Suchey.

I cant see how AD Byrne can keep this guy any longer than the last game in Nashville. At least with Gaspard they always had a chance to get to the post season. Last year had Avant not gotten hurt they were a lock. As I see things now, with the recruiting issues he is going to have, I don't see him ever getting to Hoover for SEC Tournament. He treats kids like crap. I have heard he wont let recruits talk to current players. Believe me, they talk at some point. There have been some compliance issues. I haven't heard of any of that stuff in any of the other programs at this institution.

Please AD Byrne, Make the change that needs to be made and get this thing back on track. That stadium should be full most days (weekends for sure) Grandslammers, Parents, Players and most importantly fans (who buy tickets) are not happy and no one believes that Goof can turn this around. Do the right thing!!! BRING BACK BAMA BASEBALL !!!!!!

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Coach Goofy will never go on to greatness in a conference like this, or Big 12 or ACC or Pac or even the Big 10 where they don't even have close to the facilities he walked into. He has NO idea of how to run a pitching staff. The starters hardly ever get a chance to come back from being behind in the game. He is going to kill Garrett Suchey.

I cant see how AD Byrne can keep this guy any longer than the last game in Nashville. At least with Gaspard they always had a chance to get to the post season. Last year had Avant not gotten hurt they were a lock. As I see things now, with the recruiting issues he is going to have, I don't see him ever getting to Hoover for SEC Tournament. He treats kids like crap. I have heard he wont let recruits talk to current players. Believe me, they talk at some point. There have been some compliance issues. I haven't heard of any of that stuff in any of the other programs at this institution.

Please AD Byrne, Make the change that needs to be made and get this thing back on track. That stadium should be full most days (weekends for sure) Grandslammers, Parents, Players and most importantly fans (who buy tickets) are not happy and no one believes that Goof can turn this around. Do the right thing!!! BRING BACK BAMA BASEBALL !!!!!!
Recruits not being allowed to talk freely with players is 100% true. Players have said "Goff has quit coaching us." He has given up on this team and is just riding out the season. I feel bad for all of the players as he's made the game into something they hate.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Unforgivable. Those kids signed with Alabama for good reasons and they have been betrayed by the coaches paid good money to teach and work with them. If I were the AD I would ask around and if this were verified I would fire the head coach right now. It's not like we are going anywhere anyway, and it would send a message to the those players who will return and to the families of the kids we have committed that we will do the right thing by you and will not tolerate anything less than the full effort of the 'adults' we employ to take care of your sons.

Never, ever would I have believed things could get this bad.

rtr

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
Unforgivable. Those kids signed with Alabama for good reasons and they have been betrayed by the coaches paid good money to teach and work with them. If I were the AD I would ask around and if this were verified I would fire the head coach right now. It's not like we are going anywhere anyway, and it would send a message to the those players who will return and to the families of the kids we have committed that we will do the right thing by you and will not tolerate anything less than the full effort of the 'adults' we employ to take care of your sons.

Never, ever would I have believed things could get this bad.

rtr
Well, now that we have locked the football coaches into millions and millions of dollars, we can concentrate on something else....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.