anybody got any vacation ideas

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Cape San Blas in that general area is not very crowded. Even during peak season. We've stayed there several times since we tend to want low key vacations.
shhhhh

don't tell anyone

and I should mention the sharks, lots of sharks

and sting rays

and murderous thugs strolling up and down the beaches

Last edited:

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
shhhhh

don't tell anyone

and I should mention the sharks, lots of sharks

and sting rays

and murderous thugs strolling up and down the beaches
Yeah I should have mentioned the shark hole at the end of the cape. I really do know someone that saw a 14' tiger shark out there.

Everybody please don't go to Cape San Blas. Or you are going to die.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Yeah I should have mentioned the shark hole at the end of the cape. I really do know someone that saw a 14' tiger shark out there.

Everybody please don't go to Cape San Blas. Or you are going to die.
I was there a few weeks ago and someone brought in an 8-9 foot Bull while I was there

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I was there a few weeks ago and someone brought in an 8-9 foot Bull while I was there
I've been in the water diving with a 8' bull shark before. That's big enough to make you question if you made the right choices in life when you decided to get certified. Can't imagine seeing a 14' shark.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I'm looking for something within a day's drive of northeast Alabama to do for a few days in June. I hate the beach, so please don't suggest that.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I've been in the water diving with a 8' bull shark before. That's big enough to make you question if you made the right choices in life when you decided to get certified. Can't imagine seeing a 14' shark.
I remember as a kid surfing Pompano beach near the pier and being in the water on our board watching a commotion on the pier. It was because a fisherman hooked a big tiger. My buddies and I sat there on our boards about 30 yards away or so watching as they brought this guy out of the water and up into the air and then snap the line breaks. I paddled into the beach faster than even I knew possible. Not sure how big it was but seemed to be at least 10 foot.

I'm in the water near the cape at least a couple dozen times a year, actually might go down tomorrow or Thursday if I can for the weekend so I've seen plenty of big sharks as they love the pass between the Cape and Port St Joe. There are a ton of fish for them to eat in St Joe Bay so I don't really concern myself with them but it does give you pause. I've seen Tigers, Bulls, Hammerheads, you name it, they are there, lots of them. I say that not to scare people away but because it is true

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
We end up going to Destin just about every year. It has everything we enjoy - beautiful beaches, good restaurants, shops, etc. We're going in a few weeks and I can't wait. My little boy is 3 now so hopefully he enjoys the beach a little more [emoji51]

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
We end up going to Destin just about every year. It has everything we enjoy - beautiful beaches, good restaurants, shops, etc. We're going in a few weeks and I can't wait. My little boy is 3 now so hopefully he enjoys the beach a little more [emoji51]
I always end up in Destin, I just want to try something new.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Well, now I'm intrigued. Haha.
I lied about the thugs, but I have seen everything else plus a bear and pygmy rattle snakes

but it really is a great area. Mexico Beach is particularly nice, though the entire area is very under developed for the Gulf Coast so there isn't a lot to do. Couple good restaurants, little to no shopping and some pretty laid back beaches with nearly no nightlife, if you are into that.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.