anybody got any vacation ideas

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
We did a walking architectural tour of the Savannah homes there and I found that interesting. Not sure if you'd find that interesting or not considering your job.

Last edited:

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I have always liked that style of architecture. I had planned on checking it out anyway.
It's lots of different styles. They have homes back to the 1700's. We did the walking tour then used that to decide which ones we wanted to go back to and do a inside tour.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Design.....been a few years since I was there but when we traveled north to Cape Hatteras every fall, we would always stop at Folly Beach - which is essentially the beach for Charleston. Nice park there with pier, beach, and lighthouse plus local eateries and not far away, of course is Fort Sumter.

Have a great time!

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
OK - all well and good, Design. But before you leave for Maui...could we please get a report of how it went on THIS year's vaca?
Hilton Head was nice. Charleston was great, but I need more than 1 day. I will go back to Charleston eventually. Tybee Island was just OK. I only went to the Crab Shack and walk around a bit, I need to go back for longer. I had oysters on a half shell every single day at different restaurants. I even convinced one hawt bartender to try them for the first time ever. (seriously how the hell could you live near the ocean and work in a seafood restaurant and never try them?). It was mostly families there so not many hawt women, although my last day I met 3 hawt divorced chicks.

I much prefer the beaches at Destin. They are just nicer.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Hilton Head was nice. Charleston was great, but I need more than 1 day. I will go back to Charleston eventually. Tybee Island was just OK. I only went to the Crab Shack and walk around a bit, I need to go back for longer. I had oysters on a half shell every single day at different restaurants. I even convinced one hawt bartender to try them for the first time ever. (seriously how the hell could you live near the ocean and work in a seafood restaurant and never try them?). It was mostly families there so not many hawt women, although my last day I met 3 hawt divorced chicks.

I much prefer the beaches at Destin. They are just nicer.
Doesn't sound like you made it over to Folly Beach. You definitely need more time to do what is needed. Glad you were able to get away - and meet some hotties!

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Now my next vacation is booked. I am going to Maui. I plan on hitting up all the islands I can.
No, I didn't make it to Folly Beach. There is always next year. My Maui trip is in 60 days.
I definitely recommend seeing as much of Hawaii as possible. It is an excellent place to visit. There is so much to do and the geography and various climate zones are really amazing. I like pineapples and was surprised (duh) at how much better they are when super fresh.

It is a long way from the South and there is a big time difference; I can't convince myself that it is worth traveling that far for another visit.

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I definitely recommend seeing as much of Hawaii as possible. It is an excellent place to visit. There is so much to do and the geography and various climate zones are really amazing. I like pineapples and was surprised (duh) at how much better they are when super fresh.

It is a long way from the South and there is a big time difference; I can't convince myself that it is worth traveling that far for another visit.
you know there is almost no pineapple industry left in Hawaii? Just enough for local demand as they can be produced just as well and a whole lot cheaper in central america tropical southeast asia. Most of the ones we get here come from Costa Rica. US Minimum wage laws and the cost of living in Hawaii have made Hawaiian Pineapples far too expensive for most consumers.

We love Hawaii, especially Maui especially the region around Hana, That to me is pure heaven

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I plan on seeing as mush as I can. The flight back is really going to suck as it is a redeye flight back. I have to take an extra vacation day because of it.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
ok so I have finally decided on this year's destination. I am going to go to Rome, Italy. Maybe hit up Florence and Naples. Going for about 10 days. Anyone that has been got any hotel recommendations?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.