Link: Five predictions for Bama football in the next 5 years ...

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I came across this link and thought it was a fun read: http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2017/5/1/15498368/five-for-five-predictions-for-alabama-football

Got me to thinking what would your five predictions be for Bama football in the next 5 years?
Mines somewhat similar to the ones listed in the article

1. At least two offensive players will be Heisman contenders/winners.

2. Bama will win at least one more NC

3. Barring health issues, Saban will NOT retire in the next 5 years. (I don't think he'll go past 6 though)

4. Both our OC and DC will head coaches in the next 5 years.

5. Bama will go undefeated in SEC play 3 of the next 5 years.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Three undefeated regular seasons with only one NC. That's kinda sad to my feelings

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I came across this link and thought it was a fun read: http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2017/5/1/15498368/five-for-five-predictions-for-alabama-football

Got me to thinking what would your five predictions be for Bama football in the next 5 years?

3. Barring health issues, Saban will NOT retire in the next 5 years. (I don't think he'll go past 6 though)

That may be tougher than winning 1 or more NC's. We've 'only' gone undefeated in SEC play in 3 of the last 9 years and 1 time in the last 7 years. The SEC is so competitive now and especially the West. It's really hard to not slip up at least once.

Not an absurd prediction or anything but out of the 5 it's the last one I'd bet money on...Hope you are right though:)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Personally, I think:

1. Jalen/Tua will definitely be contenders (if everything goes as planned)
2. 2 more NC (but we'll play for 3)
3. Coach Saban will retire 2 years before anyone else thinks he should..... (that's just who he is)
4. Pruitt (maybe) -- Daboll (no opinion yet - does he even want to be?)
5. We may go a few years without losing in the SEC at all.... (yep, it's getting to be that lopsided talent-wise)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Fun thread idea:

* Alabama wins 2 more NCs
* 1 more Heisman winner

* Alabama wins the SEC every year until Saban retires
* Saban retires after he wins #7
* Urban Meyer returns to the SEC to replace Saban

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Fun thread idea:

* 1 more Heisman winner

I'd take this. The last one had me thinking. I know you are joking and I don't think Meyer would ever come to Bama or that we'd try to get him. But I wonder IF he would come back to the SEC for the right offer? He's only 52 and would be 57 in five years if CNS retired. If Meyer went to LSU or maybe even UGA I could see him being King of the SEC again. But I doubt it matters. I expect he will finish at tOSU.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Fun thread idea:

* 1 more Heisman winner

As long as "The Process" is in place clicking on all cylinders..I honestly think this will be the scenario that happens before Coach Saban retires at Bama, well, except the Urban Meyer tidbit..LOL

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Because I will probably forget most of my predictions I'm going to be a little bold here.

1. Alabama will win at least 4 Championships (this includes SEC Championships)

2. After this season and until he leaves Daboll will get the Kirby treatment. (meaning he will be talked about as heir apparent to Saban) Part 2 of this is if he stays until Saban retires he will at least get an interview for the job and if not he will leave to become an NFL OC

3. Alabama will have a Heisman winning QB and that QB is currently on the roster.

4. Alabama becomes the first team in CFB to go 15-0

5. Alabama will shut out a team in the NCCG

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Fun thread idea:

* 1 more Heisman winner

I'd take this. The last one had me thinking. I know you are joking and I don't think Meyer would ever come to Bama or that we'd try to get him. But I wonder IF he would come back to the SEC for the right offer? He's only 52 and would be 57 in five years if CNS retired. If Meyer went to LSU or maybe even UGA I could see him being King of the SEC again. But I doubt it matters. I expect he will finish at tOSU.
We all know it will be Dabo that replaces CNS. Wait, I mean -

We all know it will be Dabo that replaces CNS.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
1. I expect the rules to change that could hurt the football as a whole.
2. Jalen and Tua will be in NFL playing somewhere.
3. Saban will be the first 10 million dollar man.
4. two more National Championships.
5. Bryant Stadium renamed to Saban Stadium.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
1. I expect the rules to change that could hurt the football as a whole.
2. Jalen and Tua will be in NFL playing somewhere.
3. Saban will be the first 10 million dollar man.
4. two more National Championships.
5. Bryant Stadium renamed to Saban Stadium.
This is good. I hadn't even considered something like that.

We all know it will be Dabo that replaces CNS. Wait, I mean -

We all know it will be Dabo that replaces CNS.
I know a lot of people hate the idea of Dabo but I actually like him. Wouldn't mind him as a HC at some point

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I know a lot of people hate the idea of Dabo but I actually like him. Wouldn't mind him as a HC at some point
I don't care for his "rah, rah" stuff, but what he has done at Clemson is amazing. No idea if he could take the pressure at a school like Alabama.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I don't care for his "rah, rah" stuff, but what he has done at Clemson is amazing. No idea if he could take the pressure at a school like Alabama.
Yea that can definitely be off putting but he seems to care about his players which I think is most important for a HC. But I think that there are going to be questions about whoever replaces Saban for the simple reason that none of them will be Saban. He seems like the most surefire option as of right now. And he has pretty much said he wants to coach at Alabama. I'm sure winning a NC at Clemson will make it less likely that he comes right after or too soon after Saban retires.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.