CNS agrees to extension through 2025

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
We're all entitled to our opinion my friend & I respect what you're saying..I stand by my post because at the time we hired Coach Saban, lets just say Bama Football was pretty much on life support, had we hired any other HC it would've just prolonged the mess we were coming out of at the time..Coach Saban was the one HC that could've produced the results at Bama as fast & as thoroughly dominant as what Coach Saban instantly produced..

Mal Moore knew what needed to be done & he opened up the checkbook to make sure it happened..Coach Saban was the best investment that's ever been made at Bama & has cemented Bama Football as the absolute best football program in college football history..JMO
I think that the bigger difference is that Bryant couldn't wait to "come home" when called. Bryant was an Alabama man just waiting for his chance to return to the school that he loved.

Saban was a more significant hire because of everything that it took to get him to take on the challenge that was Alabama at that time. He could have gone anywhere. He had no ties to Alabama. Moore convinced him that Alabama was the place that he belonged. No small feat, and it changed the landscape of the entire sport.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
One thing about Saban is he keeps trying to improve, to learn from mistakes. Doesn't get complacent after all this time. The process isnt a recipe, it's a constant evolution.
This is his biggest strength. And its not just that he is always trying to improve its also that he is willing to admit when he needs to make a change. Unlike other coaches who realize they need to change way too late *cough* Les Miles *cough*

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
We're all entitled to our opinion my friend & I respect what you're saying..I stand by my post because at the time we hired Coach Saban, lets just say Bama Football was pretty much on life support, had we hired any other HC it would've just prolonged the mess we were coming out of at the time..Coach Saban was the one HC that could've produced the results at Bama as fast & as thoroughly dominant as what Coach Saban instantly produced..

Mal Moore knew what needed to be done & he opened up the checkbook to make sure it happened..Coach Saban was the best investment that's ever been made at Bama & has cemented Bama Football as the absolute best football program in college football history..JMO
Well the thing about Coach Bryant is that he did not build this either. Wallace Wade and Frank Thomas won NCs and Rose Bowls in the 1920s, 30s, and 40s. Of course, Coach Bryant won one of those while playing for Coach Thomas in 1934. Frankly, an argument could be made that Xen Scott actually put us on the college football map, as he was the coach that led Alabama to a 9-7 win over Penn in 1922. They were a powerhouse in that day and we were the neophytes who didn't stand a chance.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
There is no doubt in my mind that had he stayed at LSU, they would be living through precisely what we are living through right now. Considering how long his tenure at LSU would be by now, I think it would be mind boggling to consider the success that they would have had by now. The thing is, the Who`s know it and it drives them nuts still.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
There is no doubt in my mind that had he stayed at LSU, they would be living through precisely what we are living through right now. Considering how long his tenure at LSU would be by now, I think it would be mind boggling to consider the success that they would have had by now. The thing is, the Who`s know it and it drives them nuts still.
You're probably right but the one thing holding LSU back is I don't feel like they're willing to go all in on football like Alabama does. I mean they're skimping on head coach pay right now which is why they ended up with O instead of Herman. I'm not sure if LSU would've given the monetary support to provide Saban everything he has at Bama now - first class facilities, unlimited recruiting budget, endless support staff, $1M position coaches, random $4M signing bonus etc.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
You're probably right but the one thing holding LSU back is I don't feel like they're willing to go all in on football like Alabama does. I mean they're skimping on head coach pay right now which is why they ended up with O instead of Herman. I'm not sure if LSU would've given the monetary support to provide Saban everything he has at Bama now - first class facilities, unlimited recruiting budget, endless support staff, $1M position coaches, random $4M signing bonus etc.
You could well be right, but the thought of CNS at LSU for all those years, with the talent that they seem to always have? Well, let`s just say that when we say our prayers each night, a sincere " Thank You " to the Man upstairs regarding how things turned out would most assuredly be appropriate, IMHO.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
You could well be right, but the thought of CNS at LSU for all those years, with the talent that they seem to always have? Well, let`s just say that when we say our prayers each night, a sincere " Thank You " to the Man upstairs regarding how things turned out would most assuredly be appropriate, IMHO.
IMO, if CNS would have set roots at LSU they would own the SEC and college football. The talent that state produces for its size is unreal. Not counting the recruiting pull CNS would have from other SEC states. I would imagine he would drain the top talent from the state of Alabama dry and leave us and Auburn the left overs to grovel over. So yes, send up a little "Thank you" each night before we slip off into dream.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
IMO, if CNS would have set roots at LSU they would own the SEC and college football. The talent that state produces for its size is unreal. Not counting the recruiting pull CNS would have from other SEC states. I would imagine he would drain the top talent from the state of Alabama dry and leave us and Auburn the left overs to grovel over. So yes, send up a little "Thank you" each night before we slip off into dream.
Yes he did it to us while he was there. I remember got some kid from Tuscaloosa to go to LSU who we wanted. I can't remember the kids name - Brandon Washington - or something like that. That's when I knew what kind of coach CNS was. He was going to get the best player wherever they were preferably right from under your nose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
I'd be interested to see the economic ripples created by his time in Tuscaloosa through the rest of the state.
As someone who moved away from Tuscaloosa from 2000-2014, the changes in Tuscaloosa have been huge.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Hoke recruited well but couldn't develop the players. Harbaugh does both well. But, well, he is Harbaugh.
Harbaugh is the Les Miles of preparation, by which I mean Miles prepares his team okay and recruits it well - it's that he coaches DURING the game like a guy who has had a few too many while guarding nuclear weapons. Harbaugh is scatter brained during the practice phase of implementing game plans and - for what he does well - seems to underachieve.

Given that the only thing Miles and Harbaugh have in common is Michigan and scatter brains, I think the Flint water problem goes back 40 years and began in Ann Arbor.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.