What Video Games Are You Into Right Now?

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Halo on the original Xbox. LAN parties. 3 Xboxes, 4 players on each, blood gulch snipers only. Those were the days.

Or to go really far back, Goldeneye 64. Oddjob not allowed.
We still from time to time will break out some Halo for split screen gaming. Setting up matches with low gravity and using only rocket launchers and gravity hammers makes for a hilarious time.

Also spent a lot of time on Goldeneye back in Jr High. Nail gun & proximity mines all the way. I tried to play Perfect Dark when they released it on the newer consoles which has a similar setup to Goldeneye and it was really hard to play now, lol.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
We still from time to time will break out some Halo for split screen gaming. Setting up matches with low gravity and using only rocket launchers and gravity hammers makes for a hilarious time.

Also spent a lot of time on Goldeneye back in Jr High. Nail gun & proximity mines all the way. I tried to play Perfect Dark when they released it on the newer consoles which has a similar setup to Goldeneye and it was really hard to play now, lol.
The low gravity rocket launcher mode was one of my favorites. Would also jump in a warhog just to get it to fly in the air and spin around.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
At the moment, I'm playing a lit of the games I already have on my new laptop (which is freaking incredible, btw). Sadly, Mass Effect doesn't want to run on Win10, but it's fun to finally play Wolfenstein TNO and Half Life 2 on max resolution.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I don't play often, but when I feel like it:

Watchdogs 2
GTA 5

I also have the Nintendo classic. I love playing the old Mario games.

My husband loves Halo Wars. My oldest is obsessed with Madden and NCAA 14. My youngest loves minecraft and lego video games.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Anybody involved in the Fortnite or PUBG hype?

I haven't played either yet. I'll probably pickup Fortnite for PC and maybe PUBG for console...don't think my system could run it well and I'd rather have the equal platform to the other players if that's the case.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Yah I saw that. I didn't sang that opportunity when I had the chance.

I'm still playing a ton of Medieval II Total War and even some Empire Total War on PC.
To say it has a learning curve is a ridiculous understatement. It has a learning cliff. Took hours of play to get my bearings. So much info to process.

Got a nice little kingdom carved out in Northern Spain now though.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Anybody involved in the Fortnite or PUBG hype?

I haven't played either yet. I'll probably pickup Fortnite for PC and maybe PUBG for console...don't think my system could run it well and I'd rather have the equal platform to the other players if that's the case.
I've played both. Fortnite is fun but PUBG is more my style. Fortnite to me was on console where I felt like I was on slightly more equal footing on the building. Whereas some of the PC guys can throw up a giant fort in about 10 seconds with the mouse with all the extra buttons.

I suck at PUBG (on PC especially, but mostly suck on console too) but I really enjoy it. At times it can feel like a running simulator but it also provides a lot of fun moments. I spend a lot of time watching people play it on Twitch and Youtube (Shroud, Edberg, and DrDisrespect are all really good and fun to watch if you're into that)

Lately I've been playing:

7 Days to Die (my friend and I have been having a lot of fun building and surviving the zombie hordes)
Rocket League - still going on it
Planetside 2 - a lot of fun to hop on and jump into a few battles then stop whenever you want.
They Are Billions - RTS zombie game that is a lot of fun.

I had gotten Total War: Warhammer but I've got to mess with the settings some because my PC was struggling a bit with it.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I mostly watch Jackfrags, LevelCap, Matimi0 and Ravic. They are all Battlefield guys but play other games as well.

I've watched Shroud and Dr.Disrespect play but it makes my head hurt.

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
I know it’s not the stuff being discussed here, but I got to run a 12 screen 360* fully capable ship simulator not long ago. It was a boat handling assessment I had to do for 5 days. That thing was pretty dang cool for a boat driver. It was fun to sail into digitized versions of port I’ve been into, like Galveston/Houston and NY Harbor. It was also fun to head into places I haven’t been, like San Fran

Last edited:

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I mostly watch Jackfrags, LevelCap, Matimi0 and Ravic. They are all Battlefield guys but play other games as well.

I've watched Shroud and Dr.Disrespect play but it makes my head hurt.
I like Jackfrags as well. Only watched a little bit of LevelCap and hadn't heard of the other two. I'll have to check them out.

SovietWomble is another that I watch a lot (Edberg is in the same group as him). If anyone hasn't watched SovietWomble's Youtube videos you should do yourself a favor and check them out. The Alien Isolation ones are hilarious but the most popular ones have a common title that I can't post the name of here.

Horizon: Zero Dawn was amazing. Aloy is one of my favorite video game characters ever.
That game looked like it would be really cool. Hoping to one day have more time to dig into more single player type experiences. Far Cry 5 is another one I've been wanting to get to.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I play Fortnite some and I just bought PUBG 2 days ago but haven't played it yet, both on Xbox. It's funny, I suck at getting kills Fortnite but almost always end up in the top 10 or 15 by just hiding. I've only been playing for a few weeks and only have maybe 3 or 4 kills. I seriously suck at online shooters these days.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.