What Video Games Are You Into Right Now?

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I've seen the music thread, and I've seen the book thread - we even have individual threads for movies and tv shows. I do not, however, spy a thread on video games.

So what are you playing right now and what are some games that you come back to time and again?

I'll start. Despite the slow rollout of content I'm still playing the crap out of "Battlefield 1​." This is largely because I have a small group of friends that I play with and that helps cope with the slow drip of DLC. I've played nearly every entry of the Battlefield franchise since BF 1942 and I dig the WWI setting.

As far as games I come back to I still play NCAA Football '14 because it may very well be the last ever made. I should probably put it in it's case and store it. Also still play Medieval II Total War & Empire Total War for PC.

I really want to jump in to Player Unknown: Battlegrounds but will need to wait for it to come to consoles.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
picked up a Nintendo Switch and MarioKart 8 over the weekend as it is one of the few games we can play as a family, loving it so far

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
picked up a Nintendo Switch and MarioKart 8 over the weekend as it is one of the few games we can play as a family, loving it so far
Hoping they can develop a consistent stable of good content for the Switch. Zelda was a big win and of course Mario Kart and most Mario branded titles will do well but beyond that they have had difficulty consistently producing quality titles. I don't have a kid yet so I don't have a good excuse to convince my wife to drop the money on it just yet. : )

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Hoping they can develop a consistent stable of good content for the Switch. Zelda was a big win and of course Mario Kart and most Mario branded titles will do well but beyond that they have had difficulty consistently producing quality titles. I don't have a kid yet so I don't have a good excuse to convince my wife to drop the money on it just yet. : )
that's exactly how I got it across the goal line with two teenagers "Come on honey this will be a great activity for the entire family" :) based on how this device is selling, and how freaking slick it is, they will do ok with titles. I read that they sold nearly 500K Copies of MK8 on launch day. I'm going to get the Binding of Isaac on it as soon as we cool on MK8

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Honestly I switch back and forth between new and retro consoles almost every other day. I have more games than this but these are what I play more often

PS4- resident evil 7
Mad Max
Game Cube- Resident Evil Remake
Luigi's Mansion

SNES- DK Country 2
Final Fight 2
Street Fighter 2
Mario World

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Honestly I switch back and forth between new and retro consoles almost every other day. I have more games than this but these are what I play more often

PS4- resident evil 7
Mad Max
Game Cube- Resident Evil Remake
Luigi's Mansion

SNES- DK Country 2
Final Fight 2
Street Fighter 2
Mario World
The resident Evil Remake was great. I've watched a friend play a lot of Resident Evil 7 and it freaked the crap out of me. Might have been even scarier because I wasn't in control.

Bamafaninco1

All-SEC
May 14, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO via Cullman, Al
I don't own a game system, all the kids grew up and took it with them. I was thinking of getting one but the only game that seems interesting to me has the character Drake. My son seems to think that is the only game i would actually like also. I live with a dog so, yea that's it.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The resident Evil Remake was great. I've watched a friend play a lot of Resident Evil 7 and it freaked the crap out of me. Might have been even scarier because I wasn't in control.
Resident Evil 7 is scary for about half of the game. It's like the original in that it puts a heavy emphasis on item management and ammo management. The problem is that like the original you eventually become a super soldier later in the game if you played it correctly.

I say it's an 8/10

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I was playing the Division for a while, at least until the pace of their updates got beyond what I was willing to continue to do (internet is already slow and AT&T overcharges for extra data so all the huge updates on Xbox One kill me). I was playing some more Call of Duty 4 Remastered but it also now has a 14gb update I'm behind on. Which sucks because I've recently found out about the Prop Hunt mode and it looks like a lot of fun - look up the Youtube videos if you're familiar with the game.

Mainly for the past few months I have only played Rocket League and really nothing else. I am straight up addicted to that. It started with us just checking it out when we had some friends over because we could play 4 player split screen and now I have sunk a lot of hours into it and also hours into watching videos of it and watching the Championship Series they do.

Some clips from the Championship Series for those that have never heard of the game:

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I was playing the Division for a while, at least until the pace of their updates got beyond what I was willing to continue to do (internet is already slow and AT&T overcharges for extra data so all the huge updates on Xbox One kill me). I was playing some more Call of Duty 4 Remastered but it also now has a 14gb update I'm behind on. Which sucks because I've recently found out about the Prop Hunt mode and it looks like a lot of fun - look up the Youtube videos if you're familiar with the game.

Mainly for the past few months I have only played Rocket League and really nothing else. I am straight up addicted to that. It started with us just checking it out when we had some friends over because we could play 4 player split screen and now I have sunk a lot of hours into it and also hours into watching videos of it and watching the Championship Series they do.

Some clips from the Championship Series for those that have never heard of the game:
I played the crap out of CoD Modern Warfare and MWF2. Got way too good at that game and then transitioned to BF3. I've heard great things about Rocket League.
Split screen is something more devs need to bring back. I used to play hours and hours and hours of Halo split screen multiplayer with friends. That or like Co-op on the original Splinter Cell. Granted most of the guys I play with now are out of state, but kids nowadays could still bond during a sleepover at a friends house playing split screen. Cheering friends on or mocking them relentlessly was actually a great way to build social skills in spite of the fact that we were interacting with a digitize medium. The fact that we were playing in the same room and communicating was stuff awesome and, I think, beneficial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I don't own a game system, all the kids grew up and took it with them. I was thinking of getting one but the only game that seems interesting to me has the character Drake. My son seems to think that is the only game i would actually like also. I live with a dog so, yea that's it.
That's actually my biggest frustration in owning an Xbox One instead of a PlayStation - that I can't get the Uncharted series with the character Drake. I had a roommate some years ago that had the games and let me play through the first one and it was a blast. Action + story + puzzle solving. Probably the closest thing that Xbox players have access to as far as gameplay style and mechanics is Assassin's Creed, which I also really like....don't let the movie influence your opinion.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I don't know how you guys have time....maybe I should post less on NS and play video games instead -- lol ;)
You'd be less informed but you'd also be more relaxed - you know, the whole "ignorance is bliss" thing. You'd also run the risk of 12 year olds calling you 4 letter words and claiming to have done horrific things to your mother... at least on Call of Duty anyways.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I'm a big RPG guy. Right now, I'm on Mass Effect: Andromeda. After that, I'll finish up Pillars of Eternity before its sequel comes out.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I played the crap out of CoD Modern Warfare and MWF2. Got way too good at that game and then transitioned to BF3. I've heard great things about Rocket League.
Split screen is something more devs need to bring back. I used to play hours and hours and hours of Halo split screen multiplayer with friends. That or like Co-op on the original Splinter Cell. Granted most of the guys I play with now are out of state, but kids nowadays could still bond during a sleepover at a friends house playing split screen. Cheering friends on or mocking them relentlessly was actually a great way to build social skills in spite of the fact that we were interacting with a digitize medium. The fact that we were playing in the same room and communicating was stuff awesome and, I think, beneficial.
For a while I had a group of friends from an Audio/Video forum that played BF Bad Company 2 together. We probably had 20-30 guys that would rotate in and out of matches. Was some of the most fun gaming I've ever had. When it came time to transition to BF3 everyone was switching console systems, moving to PC, and it pretty well fell apart. It's a lot tougher game to play with just a couple of guys communicating compared to a whole team.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Can't play as much as I used to. Kids have pretty much taken the thing and use it as a Netflix box/DVD player.

I do have a career mode on FIFA 16 where it is now 2030 though. Took the worst club I could find in League 2, Barnet FC, and they're now a world class Premier League side.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Halo on the original Xbox. LAN parties. 3 Xboxes, 4 players on each, blood gulch snipers only. Those were the days.

Or to go really far back, Goldeneye 64. Oddjob not allowed.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.