Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Re: Movie Trailer Thread

Yeah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Oh internet... how you often amuse me:

"There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

saw this monday night and it is so far my favorite movie of the year. No question McDormand and Rockwell get Oscar nominations as both should (and google the Red Band Trailer for a real feel of this movie)

"There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

BamaNation All-American CrimsonNagus's Avatar

I'm planning on seeing "Three Billboards..." on Monday or Tuesday night. Those are my movie nights since the theaters are mostly empty! I see about 2 movies a week thanks to MoviePass, makes me feel like I'm in film school again. Also think of seeing "Lady Bird" next week. "Three Billboards..." looks great, can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonNagus View Post
    I'm planning on seeing "Three Billboards..." on Monday or Tuesday night. Those are my movie nights since the theaters are mostly empty! I see about 2 movies a week thanks to MoviePass, makes me feel like I'm in film school again. Also think of seeing "Lady Bird" next week. "Three Billboards..." looks great, can't wait.
    lady bird in next on my list. I haven't pushed the button on moviepass as it is being rumored that AMC is going to stop working with them somehow after the first of the year. AMC owns most of the better screens near me

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    saw this monday night and it is so far my favorite movie of the year. No question McDormand and Rockwell get Oscar nominations as both should (and google the Red Band Trailer for a real feel of this movie)

Frances McDormand is a freaking national treasure.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonNagus View Post
    That reminds me...when I was in college (this was many moons ago ) I 'elected' to take 2 English courses for elective/credits. One was Sci-Fi literature and the other was film-related.

I'll have to dig out my old notebooks and read up on some of that stuff the professor said....

I do remember the impact reading "The Sirens of Titan" had on me at the time....and really still does....

BamaNation All-American CrimsonNagus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    lady bird in next on my list. I haven't pushed the button on moviepass as it is being rumored that AMC is going to stop working with them somehow after the first of the year. AMC owns most of the better screens near me
    AMC canít stop MoviePass unless they stop accepting all MasterCards. The card you get is just a MasterCard debt card that MP loads the money onto when you checkin at the theater. AMCís agreement with MasterCard requires them to accept all MasterCard branded cards. They would breach that contract if they refuse MP. Plus, the CEO of MP has said that if the refuse MP cards that heíll just reissue cards without the MP logo on them.

I donít understand why AMC hates MP, the theaters get paid the full price for the ticket so, they arenít losing money. In a year where AMC has seen a constant decline in attendance, MP may actually help them some. Anyway, AMC is one of the 2 theaters I use MP at and I havenít had an problem so far. Still get my stubs points as well. If you go to a ticket kiosk they donít even know MP was used.

Give it a shot, itís worth it IMO. I went from seeing maybe 6-7 movies a year because of the price of tickets, to seeing 2 a week with MP.

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Warning: This trailer seems like it shows way more of the movie than it should.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar

Good to see Jeff Goldblum back in it.
    Roll Tide