Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Directed by: Wes Anderson
Written by: Wes Anderson
Produced by: Wes Anderson, Scott Rudin, Steven Rales, Jeremy Dawson

Cast: F. Murray Abraham, Bob Balaban, Bryan Cranston, Greta Gerwig, Jeff Goldblum, Akira Ito, Scarlett Johansson, Harvey Keitel, Frances McDormand, Bill Murray, Mari Natsuki, Yojiro Noda, Kunichi Nomura, Edward Norton, Yoko Ono, Koyu Rankin, Liev Schreiber, Fisher Stevens, Tilda Swinton, Akira Takayama, Courtney B. Vance, Frank Wood

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Saw Pacific Rim 2 last night. Wow, even using MoviePass I want their money back. That was bad

I went in with super low expectations. I liked the first one. Fun stupid movie but I expected this to be far worse without Guillermo Del Toro directing. It still didn't meet my expectations

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Saw Pacific Rim 2 last night. Wow, even using MoviePass I want their money back. That was bad

I went in with super low expectations. I liked the first one. Fun stupid movie but I expected this to be far worse without Guillermo Del Toro directing. It still didn't meet my expectations
Too bad. I was hoping for a lot of fun destruction. The first was entertaining.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Watched "Conan the Barbarian" last night on BBC America - the original one directed by John Milius. 1982. What an epic classic! I have it and it's sequel "Conan the Destroyer" on DVD but always tune in when it's aired on TV.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
there is definitely a lot of destruction but that doesn't make up for the stupidity
My daughter is begging me to take her to this one. We watched the first one on tv, and she loved it. She an odd combination -- a bit of a girly-girl but also likes physical sports and action movies. I may still take her. At her age she won't even notice the bad plot and/or acting. ;)

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
My daughter is begging me to take her to this one. We watched the first one on tv, and she loved it. She an odd combination -- a bit of a girly-girl but also likes physical sports and action movies. I may still take her. At her age she won't even notice the bad plot and/or acting. ;)
I saw it and most movies I see with my Daughter. She and I have moviepass and my son and wife don't and don't want them. She also enjoyed the first one where as this one had her bored and then mad

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
I saw it and most movies I see with my Daughter. She and I have moviepass and my son and wife don't and don't want them. She also enjoyed the first one where as this one had her bored and then mad
LOL! That bad, huh? I'll suggest to my daughter that we pass on this one. But, if she persists it's all on her. Assumption of risk and whatnot.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

I wasn't expecting much from the sequel but got my hopes up a little bit after seeing a semi-decent review on a site that usually fits with how I feel about movies so now I'm bummed to see this, lol.

I did see Tomb Raider last week and agree with 81 that it was fun and entertaining. Likely one of the best movies based on a video game franchise.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I wasn't expecting much from the sequel but got my hopes up a little bit after seeing a semi-decent review on a site that usually fits with how I feel about movies so now I'm bummed to see this, lol.

I did see Tomb Raider last week and agree with 81 that it was fun and entertaining. Likely one of the best movies based on a video game franchise.
don't take my word for it. You may like it. It reminded me a lot of Independence Day 2 a stupid and pointless copy of the first one without the heart

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
don't take my word for it. You may like it. It reminded me a lot of Independence Day 2 a stupid and pointless copy of the first one without the heart
I enjoyed Independence Day 2 - for free streaming. Not sure I would've been okay with paying to see it in theaters. I'll likely wait for a similar experience with this one too. I'm a lot more forgiving for movie stupidity when I put very little effort into seeing it.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Directed by: Wes Anderson
Written by: Wes Anderson
Produced by: Wes Anderson, Scott Rudin, Steven Rales, Jeremy Dawson

Cast: F. Murray Abraham, Bob Balaban, Bryan Cranston, Greta Gerwig, Jeff Goldblum, Akira Ito, Scarlett Johansson, Harvey Keitel, Frances McDormand, Bill Murray, Mari Natsuki, Yojiro Noda, Kunichi Nomura, Edward Norton, Yoko Ono, Koyu Rankin, Liev Schreiber, Fisher Stevens, Tilda Swinton, Akira Takayama, Courtney B. Vance, Frank Wood

Wes Anderson. Master of pointless weirdness solely for the sake of being weird. But hey, at least there's no Jason Scwartzman. So, it's got that going for it.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

So, it aspires to awfulness? And fails miserably?

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Wes Anderson. Master of pointless weirdness solely for the sake of being weird. But hey, at least there's no Jason Scwartzman. So, it's got that going for it.

I haven't seen the newer ones but Rushmore will always be a favorite and I've enjoyed a few of the others (Bottle Rocket, Royal Tennenbaums) although it does sound like the newer ones are essentially the same thing again and again.

With that said, this amused me:

Last edited:

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Anderson is hit and miss with me but, I want to see Isle of Dogs, if it ever comes to Montgomery.

If you like Anderson then you need to see "The Grand Budapest Hotel". That's his best film IMO.

I saw "Ready Player One" last night and loved it. Best "fun" Spielberg movie since JP IMO. I mean, he's done some really good dramas over the years but, this is the first movie in a while that reminds me of the Spielberg that made ET, original Indiana Jones, Jaws, etc.

Last edited:

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

I haven't seen the newer ones but Rushmore will always be a favorite and I've enjoyed a few of the others (Bottle Rocket, Royal Tennenbaums) although it does sound like the newer ones are essentially the same thing again and again.

With that said, this amused me:

I like that last one! ;)

I've watched a lot of his movies because almost everybody I know loves them. I keep thinking I'm missing something. I just don't get his stuff.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I like that last one! ;)

I've watched a lot of his movies because almost everybody I know loves them. I keep thinking I'm missing something. I just don't get his stuff.
It generally helps if you're one of the people that find Bill Murray hilarious with literally anything he does (for example eating a carrot in Rushmore).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.