Movie Trailer Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
    Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Re: Movie Trailer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post
    ...I loved the books...
    Downer ending. Great books though.

Very nicely cast. I thought Elba was a good pick for Roland when I first heard it would be him in the role, and ever since I saw Mud and realized he could act I thought McConaughey would be a good fit for Walter O' Dim.
    Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    I loved the ending on them. It seemed just about perfect after I spent some time thinking about it. Plus it's not typical which I always enjoy as a change of pace if nothing else.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

I loved the ending on them. It seemed just about perfect after I spent some time thinking about it. Plus it's not typical which I always enjoy as a change of pace if nothing else.
    I didn't love the ending, but I didn't hate it either. You are right it did fit though.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post

Very nicely cast. I thought Elba was a good pick for Roland when I first heard it would be him in the role, and ever since I saw Mud and realized he could act I thought McConaughey would be a good fit for Walter O' Dim.
    I actually never made it through the books, really enjoyed the first one, absolutely loved the drawing of three and then they just started to have Steven King problems, diarrhea of the typewriter and then rushed endings. It was also so long between books I cant even recall how far I got, Wolves of Calla maybe? I know I read Wizards and Glass, not sure if I even read Wolves or just bought it
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

I won't get to see GoTG until Sunday but been amped all week for it.

100% agree on the HBO series for Dark Tower.

Stand By Me and Shawshank Redemption are all time favorites of mine. I also enjoyed 1408 & The Mist. The latter of which is also getting another remake. The new IT trailer looks pretty good as well and I've got high hopes for it as of now (I'll post it below). Maximum Overdrive is pretty bad but still a guilty pleasure of mine.

The only thing good about the TV version of It was Tim Curry as Pennywise. He was downright creepy.

Something really funny about The Mist, even Stephen King has said the movie ending is better than his.

I watch Maximum Overdrive every time I see it is airing. It is so terrible, but I cannot help myself.

and yes the Dark Tower would have been an incredible HBO series. The one problem with a TV series would be the same issue all shows have kids age and Jake would be a problem.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation First Team Highway59's Avatar

Back in the day the trailers were pretty campy, cheesy would probably be better description. Really though, they were only after thought they used promoting films in theater. Now the release of a trailer is an event unto itself. They put quite a bit of thought into that promotional tool today versus 40 years ago. Back in day there were only a few network television stations, versus the multitude of cable/satellite channels we see today. Then factor in the internet and the effect it has had on the way products are marketed today. My kids will be just as fired up by the release of a trailer as the movie itself. But anyhow, a year or so ago someone put together a trailer for the "Empire Strikes Back" with it having today's type of styling. Its quite good, and the original is pretty comical in its delivery, and I imagine it was not meant to be received that way.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I actually never made it through the books, really enjoyed the first one, absolutely loved the drawing of three and then they just started to have Steven King problems, diarrhea of the typewriter and then rushed endings. It was also so long between books I cant even recall how far I got, Wolves of Calla maybe? I know I read Wizards and Glass, not sure if I even read Wolves or just bought it
    The series does take a while to read. There are a total of 8 books now. King actually added and 8th book that falls between Wizard and Glass and Wolves of Calla.

Roll Tide Roll

I wish this one would hurry up and get here.
    Me too

Quote Originally Posted by Highway59 View Post
    Back in the day the trailers were pretty campy, cheesy would probably be better description. Really though, they were only after thought they used promoting films in theater. Now the release of a trailer is an event unto itself. They put quite a bit of thought into that promotional tool today versus 40 years ago. Back in day there were only a few network television stations, versus the multitude of cable/satellite channels we see today. Then factor in the internet and the effect it has had on the way products are marketed today. My kids will be just as fired up by the release of a trailer as the movie itself. But anyhow, a year or so ago someone put together a trailer for the "Empire Strikes Back" with it having today's type of styling. Its quite good, and the original is pretty comical in its delivery, and I imagine it was not meant to be received that way.....

That made me think of this:

Quote Originally Posted by dayhiker View Post
    Me too
    three
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

The first one was one of our surprise favorites of that year so looking forward to this one as well. Hopefully it maintains similar quality.

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    The series does take a while to read. There are a total of 8 books now. King actually added and 8th book that falls between Wizard and Glass and Wolves of Calla.
    I love to read, The unabridged edition of The Stand is one of my favorite books of all time so it's not that number of pages is that King can just get tedious when the story falters a bit. Wizards did and it plus the time since I read it has kept me from continuing

Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

My kind of thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro