Movie Trailer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Back in the day the trailers were pretty campy, cheesy would probably be better description. Really though, they were only after thought they used promoting films in theater. Now the release of a trailer is an event unto itself. They put quite a bit of thought into that promotional tool today versus 40 years ago. Back in day there were only a few network television stations, versus the multitude of cable/satellite channels we see today. Then factor in the internet and the effect it has had on the way products are marketed today. My kids will be just as fired up by the release of a trailer as the movie itself. But anyhow, a year or so ago someone put together a trailer for the "Empire Strikes Back" with it having today's type of styling. Its quite good, and the original is pretty comical in its delivery, and I imagine it was not meant to be received that way..... ;)

That made me think of this:

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
The first one was one of our surprise favorites of that year so looking forward to this one as well. Hopefully it maintains similar quality.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
The series does take a while to read. There are a total of 8 books now. King actually added and 8th book that falls between Wizard and Glass and Wolves of Calla.
I love to read, The unabridged edition of The Stand is one of my favorite books of all time so it's not that number of pages is that King can just get tedious when the story falters a bit. Wizards did and it plus the time since I read it has kept me from continuing

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I can't post it here, but go watch the trailer for "The Hitman's Bodyguard". Watch the red band trailer, it is hilarious.

Btw, I have probably watched the Thor trailer a million times. I love the ending of it. Perfect teaser trailer.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I love to read, The unabridged edition of The Stand is one of my favorite books of all time so it's not that number of pages is that King can just get tedious when the story falters a bit. Wizards did and it plus the time since I read it has kept me from continuing
I have only read the unabridged version of the Stand. It is still my favorite King story. FYI they are make 4 new big screen movies based on The Stand. The miniseries in the 90's wasn't too bad.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I have only read the unabridged version of the Stand. It is still my favorite King story. FYI they are make 4 new big screen movies based on The Stand. The miniseries in the 90's wasn't too bad.
I didn't know that. I didn't care for much of the "who do we have on contract at NBC" approach to casting the mini-series other than Bill Fagerbakke at Tom Cullen, Rob Lowe as Nick and the dude that played TrashCan Man. I spent the entirety of the 80's trying to understand why they kept casting Molly Ringwald in roles where the character is supposed to be at least moderately attractive, having her as Frannie was a huge letdown. Thought they did the story justice though

Hope the movie does better in this regard

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
That one also looked interesting to me. I'm a sucker for a quirky action film with a lot of interesting takes on things.
I love Edgar Wright's humor, Hot Fuzz is one of the better comedies of the last decade in my opinion. The title made me want to pass until I learned it was his

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I love Edgar Wright's humor, Hot Fuzz is one of the better comedies of the last decade in my opinion. The title made me want to pass until I learned it was his
I'm the same on Edgar Wright. Most of Matthew Vaugn & Guy Ritchie's stuff ends up on my lists. Although I'm not sure Guy's style is going to work with the new King Arthur movie.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Quirky action...so did you like the Crank movies? Those were definitely quirky. Lol
Crank especially the first one cracked me up with how wild it was. Enjoyed both but don't remember the second one as well.

Been thinking about rewatching those lately.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Not sure if anyone here is into surfing to know this one - or it's significance in chronicling the emergence of pro surfing by way of the Aussie (as well as South African) surfing invasion of Hawaii. This all happened in the prime of my surfing days - before the Internet - but we lived it....through the two main international monthly surf mags ('Surfer' and 'Surfing') as well as the occasion surf movie that hit town plus the occasional surf contest that was televised. It was real and it was exciting. The Hawaiians didn't like being disrespected by the cocky Aussies, which was like an underlying current running through the whole story. Narration by Edward Norton....just a very special surf movie if you lived through those times and can relate....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.