Movie Trailer Thread - Page 28
Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1821222324252627282930313233343538 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Re: Movie Trailer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    don't take my word for it. You may like it. It reminded me a lot of Independence Day 2 a stupid and pointless copy of the first one without the heart
    I enjoyed Independence Day 2 - for free streaming. Not sure I would've been okay with paying to see it in theaters. I'll likely wait for a similar experience with this one too. I'm a lot more forgiving for movie stupidity when I put very little effort into seeing it.

Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

"There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

BamaNation Hall of Fame Catfish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Directed by: Wes Anderson
    Written by: Wes Anderson
    Produced by: Wes Anderson, Scott Rudin, Steven Rales, Jeremy Dawson

Cast: F. Murray Abraham, Bob Balaban, Bryan Cranston, Greta Gerwig, Jeff Goldblum, Akira Ito, Scarlett Johansson, Harvey Keitel, Frances McDormand, Bill Murray, Mari Natsuki, Yojiro Noda, Kunichi Nomura, Edward Norton, Yoko Ono, Koyu Rankin, Liev Schreiber, Fisher Stevens, Tilda Swinton, Akira Takayama, Courtney B. Vance, Frank Wood

Wes Anderson. Master of pointless weirdness solely for the sake of being weird. But hey, at least there's no Jason Scwartzman. So, it's got that going for it.
    "...Defense shut 'em down! Offense make plays! Hey, let's go be champions, boys!"- Greg McElroy

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Saw Pacific Rim 2 last night. Wow, even using MoviePass I want their money back. That was bad

I went in with super low expectations. I liked the first one. Fun stupid movie but I expected this to be far worse without Guillermo Del Toro directing. It still didn't meet my expectations
    So, it aspires to awfulness? And fails miserably?
    "...Defense shut 'em down! Offense make plays! Hey, let's go be champions, boys!"- Greg McElroy

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Wes Anderson. Master of pointless weirdness solely for the sake of being weird. But hey, at least there's no Jason Scwartzman. So, it's got that going for it.

I haven't seen the newer ones but Rushmore will always be a favorite and I've enjoyed a few of the others (Bottle Rocket, Royal Tennenbaums) although it does sound like the newer ones are essentially the same thing again and again.

With that said, this amused me:

Last edited by MattinBama; March 30th, 2018 at 02:43 PM.

BamaNation All-American CrimsonNagus's Avatar

Anderson is hit and miss with me but, I want to see Isle of Dogs, if it ever comes to Montgomery.

If you like Anderson then you need to see "The Grand Budapest Hotel". That's his best film IMO.

I saw "Ready Player One" last night and loved it. Best "fun" Spielberg movie since JP IMO. I mean, he's done some really good dramas over the years but, this is the first movie in a while that reminds me of the Spielberg that made ET, original Indiana Jones, Jaws, etc.
    Last edited by CrimsonNagus; March 30th, 2018 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post

I haven't seen the newer ones but Rushmore will always be a favorite and I've enjoyed a few of the others (Bottle Rocket, Royal Tennenbaums) although it does sound like the newer ones are essentially the same thing again and again.

With that said, this amused me:

I like that last one!

I've watched a lot of his movies because almost everybody I know loves them. I keep thinking I'm missing something. I just don't get his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    I like that last one!

I've watched a lot of his movies because almost everybody I know loves them. I keep thinking I'm missing something. I just don't get his stuff.
    It generally helps if you're one of the people that find Bill Murray hilarious with literally anything he does (for example eating a carrot in Rushmore).

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonNagus View Post
    Anderson is hit and miss with me but, I want to see Isle of Dogs, if it ever comes to Montgomery.
    Maybe the Capri will get it eventually. You never really know what's going to pop up there.

Maybe the Capri will get it eventually. You never really know what's going to pop up there.
    Is this a play on words based on what the Capri used to be? I really hope it is.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Is this a play on words based on what the Capri used to be? I really hope it is.
    I don't remember reading that part of it's history before just now. Sorry to let you down, if I had known it I would have gone for some kind of pun I'm sure.

I don't remember reading that part of it's history before just now. Sorry to let you down, if I had known it I would have gone for some kind of pun I'm sure.
    Yeah, for some reason that part doesn't get mentioned in the news stories.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson