Movie Trailer Thread - Page 29
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19222324252627282930 LastLast

Re: Movie Trailer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonNagus View Post

I saw "Ready Player One" last night and loved it. Best "fun" Spielberg movie since JP IMO. I mean, he's done some really good dramas over the years but, this is the first movie in a while that reminds me of the Spielberg that made ET, original Indiana Jones, Jaws, etc.
    have you read the book?

I'm a big fan of the book and didn't like the Ready Player One movie much at all. The characters are under developed, I didn't buy the love story, the kid playing Parzival has as much charisma as my aging birkenstocks and the plot was watered down so much that I didn't really care who won in the end as the stakes just weren't there. Did like Oliva Cooke's performance though, she is becoming one of my favorite young performers, check out Thoroughbreds to see her in a great film out now.
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaFlum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    have you read the book?

I'm a big fan of the book and didn't like the Ready Player One movie much at all. The characters are under developed, I didn't buy the love story, the kid playing Parzival has as much charisma as my aging birkenstocks and the plot was watered down so much that I didn't really care who won in the end as the stakes just weren't there. Did like Oliva Cooke's performance though, she is becoming one of my favorite young performers, check out Thoroughbreds to see her in a great film out now.
    I didnít read he book and enjoyed the movie. It seems a common thread that non book readers enjoyed it while book readers didnít. I just thought is was a fun/entertaining movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RTR!

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFlum View Post
    I didn’t read he book and enjoyed the movie. It seems a common thread that non book readers enjoyed it while book readers didn’t. I just thought is was a fun/entertaining movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    true but it was such a light book, it can be easily read in a few hours, that I didn't think it would be terribly hard to fit into a movie. Expected that the biggest challenge would be property rights putting that many iconic characters from nerd culture into one movie had to be tough. I didn't really mind those changes till the end as the books final battle is far superior to the one we saw in the movie in my opinion and I think it was mostly due to this challenge.
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

Mysteries in life. My girlfriend says I'm a genius but for the life of me, I can't figure out why a movie gets better each time I repeat watching it.

Just finished watching "The Martian" on FX.

I'm getting that DVD.....

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Saw A Quiet Place this weekend and really enjoyed it - it's a movie though that if anyone in the audience is talking or anything it will stand out a lot. We had some idiot lady pick up her phone and start talking all the way out into the lobby. One of the first times I've heard basically an entire theater shush someone though - usually it's just one or two shushers.

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post
    Saw A Quiet Place this weekend and really enjoyed it - it's a movie though that if anyone in the audience is talking or anything it will stand out a lot. We had some idiot lady pick up her phone and start talking all the way out into the lobby. One of the first times I've heard basically an entire theater shush someone though - usually it's just one or two shushers.
    Loved it too. Really good movie. We went friday night and it was shockingly quiet for a sold out friday show

BamaNation Hall of Fame Catfish's Avatar

Looks like it might be fun...

"...Defense shut 'em down! Offense make plays! Hey, let's go be champions, boys!"- Greg McElroy

This trailer didn't look all that great to me even though I like nearly every single person in it.

Coming to Netflix (this version of the trailer is better than the one Netflix put out imo)-

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Looks like it might be fun...

The first book was pretty entertaining, but they got beyond ridiculous after that. From what I have heard it sounds like this movie version of it just took the name and made a movie that has some elements but nothing at all like the book.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll