Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I just watched Greyhound on Apple TV+.
I thought it was good. Maybe not as good as I thought it would be, but very good (I had very, very high expectations).
Not relaxing, though. Imagine the first 15 minutes of Saving Private Ryan, but keep that up for 1 hour 46 minutes.
I need a drink.
Yeah man, that's in intense watch. Not down time, no comic relief. Whew.

I'm with you, I had really high expectations and it might not be as good as I had anticipated, but I'll watch it again. And again.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Just saw this: Mr. Jones.
I hope Walter Duranty gets his due.
Duranty was a lying scumbag communist apologist who received a Pulitzer for his efforts. Duranty covered up for Stalin as he murdered millions in the Holodomor, the Ukraine terror-famine. He deserves eternal execration. The New York Times must be so proud.

Reactions: Bazza

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Just saw this: Mr. Jones.
I hope Walter Duranty gets his due.
Duranty was a lying scumbag communist apologist who received a Pulitzer for his efforts. Duranty covered up for Stalin as he murdered millions in the Holodomor, the Ukraine terror-famine. He deserves eternal execration. The New York Times must be so proud.
Just finished Mr. Jones.
Not fun. Not light-hearted entertainment.
Walter Duranty was even worse than I thought he was.

The film is intense and tells a story that needs to be told. Stalin murdered 3.5 million people by starvation. They deserve to be remembered.

• Thank You
Reactions: Bazza

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Tom Hardy in the Spitfire! That ending! 😲

When my fuel tank is empty and my Spitfire is...ASHES...Then you have my permission to take me captive.

There's a very famous photo taken after Dunkirk of the Germans posing in front of a Spitfire that crashed on the beach after the evacuation. That very same Spitfire was recovered from the sand years later, restored to her original specification, and is the Spitfire you see in this film.

https://www.christies.com/spitfire/interactive/index.html

Last edited:
Reactions: UAH and dayhiker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.