Movie Trailer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
They may be high on your list but they are also long in this filmmaker's rearview - he hasn't directed anything approaching the prestige of those 2 titles in 20 years. Will wait for the reviews on this one.
I enjoyed Lucy alright but it wasn't anywhere near as good as I'd hoped. Not something I would buy or go out of my way to watch again or anything though.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I enjoyed Lucy alright but it wasn't anywhere near as good as I'd hoped. Not something I would buy or go out of my way to watch again or anything though.
I hated Lucy before I even turned it on. Basing an entire movie on the completely stupid and thoroughly debunked idea that we only use 10% of our brains? Come on

Then I watched it and was somehow, even with absurdly low expectations was further let down. Every time they flashed a new precentage on the screen I couldn't help but laugh. I can't for the life of me understand why the promos for Valerian say from the writer/director of the Fifth Element and Lucy, that like saying from the Writer/Director of Empire Strikes back and Attack of the Clones

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I hated Lucy before I even turned it on. Basing an entire movie on the completely stupid and thoroughly debunked idea that we only use 10% of our brains? Come on

Then I watched it and was somehow, even with absurdly low expectations was further let down. Every time they flashed a new precentage on the screen I couldn't help but laugh. I can't for the life of me understand why the promos for Valerian say from the writer/director of the Fifth Element and Lucy, that like saying from the Writer/Director of Empire Strikes back and Attack of the Clones
Because it did $300 mill+ internationally. That's why a lot of movies get made or get sequels that didn't do well here. In some cases it works in my favor such as Kick-Booty getting a sequel.

Exactly. Nowhere near The Professional or The Fifth Element.
I wasn't disagreeing. Just conversating.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'm too lazy to find my own thread for Wonder woman, and plus its like six months old so Ill post it here.

This shows some action scenes and Chris Pine scenes, and follows up with the final trailer. But if you want absolutely nothing spoiled Ill link the final trailer under it.

*** Scenes with Trailer***

*** Trailer***

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I'm too lazy to find my own thread for Wonder woman, and plus its like six months old so Ill post it here.
WW seems to be getting some positive early buzz. Been hoping it would turn out good. The trailers have looked great (but so have most of the DC trailers). I do really like the casting choice of Gal Gadot.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

This shows some action scenes and Chris Pine scenes, and follows up with the final trailer. But if you want absolutely nothing spoiled Ill link the final trailer under it.

*** Scenes with Trailer***

*** Trailer***
this wonder woman doesn't have the same "acting abilities" as Lynda Carter.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
In case it's of interest......"Mad Max Fury Road" just started on SyFy Channel..... :)

Edit: :eek: :eek: :eek: This is AWESOME!
Became one of my all time favorites on first viewing at theater. Have watched it probably 8 times since.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Became one of my all time favorites on first viewing at theater. Have watched it probably 8 times since.
You ain't kidding, Matt! For me, I would put it up into an Indiana Jones level type movie.

Those Aussies know what they're doing wrt special effects....those machines were just out of this world!

I love how they stayed true to the original concept and theme of the series too. Didn't hurt that George Miller produced and directed it!

Can't wait to see it again! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.