Movie Trailer Thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Re: Movie Trailer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    the Shining was awful compared to the book. The Body is Stand by Me. I will give you Carrie.
    I thought you were talking about hits: "I can count on one hand the hits of King's books to movies."
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

My main issue with the Dark Tower trailer is that there seems to be no mystery. The gunslinger novel you are always wondering what everything is, and when you think it's going to be revealed you are more lost than what you started out. I think they are trying to start book 3 or 4, but I think this is another example of showing too much IMO

Fwiw I believe that the Dark Tower would've been better for HBO than the big screen. I think the story is too complex to do under 5-6 movies. I just don't know if the interest will stay after their first meh rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Not sure if anyone here is into surfing to know this one - or it's significance in chronicling the emergence of pro surfing by way of the Aussie (as well as South African) surfing invasion of Hawaii. This all happened in the prime of my surfing days - before the Internet - but we lived it....through the two main international monthly surf mags ('Surfer' and 'Surfing') as well as the occasion surf movie that hit town plus the occasional surf contest that was televised. It was real and it was exciting. The Hawaiians didn't like being disrespected by the cocky Aussies, which was like an underlying current running through the whole story. Narration by Edward Norton....just a very special surf movie if you lived through those times and can relate....

my friends and I would get out parents to take us to crappy hotels on the Ft Lauderdale Strip to sit in a "ballroom" full of 99% other guys to go "whoa" in sync with one another watching the occasional surf movie that would come through town. Some of those movies were fantastic, but this is a little before my time
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    I thought you were talking about hits: "I can count on one hand the hits of King's books to movies."
    I was piggybacking off a comment about King's books vs. their movie counterpart. Most of King's books have been terrible movies (personal opinion).
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation First Team Highway59's Avatar

They have had this in the works for quite some time, a several episode mini series for HBO about the Eighth Air Force and the battle over Europe. Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg have a hand in developing the project....
    I am looking forward to watching this.

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Highway59 View Post
    They have had this in the works for quite some time, a several episode mini series for HBO about the Eighth Air Force and the battle over Europe. Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg have a hand in developing the project....
    I am looking forward to watching this.
    That trailer was put up in 2013. Pretty wild that it's taken that long.

Somehow forgot to drop this on here yesterday.

Luc Besson's stuff is usually very visually interesting so I'm curious to see what the reviews are like on this one. May end up seeing it anyway just for some of the effects. Professional and Fifth Element are pretty high on my all time movie lists.

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post
    Luc Besson's stuff is usually very visually interesting so I'm curious to see what the reviews are like on this one. May end up seeing it anyway just for some of the effects. Professional and Fifth Element are pretty high on my all time movie lists.

same and same

know about this?

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/the-fifth-element
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Very cool other than me being booked up already the next few weekends.