Movie Trailer Thread - Page 5
Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Re: Movie Trailer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    It is what I feared.... another Alamo piece in which the real truth will probably not come out. Dunkirk is basically the british Alamo in that they over exaggerated a loss in battle to unite thru propaganda. I was hoping that they might shed some truth, but it doesn't look like it.

Its a great trailer but I think I'm going to skip it.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Looks like it could be interesting. Really like the air traffic controller guy from Halt and Catch Fire (a great show if you have any interest in computer technology).

My parents are interested in this but I'm not sold on it yet. Might be a rental.

Speaking of quirky...

Looks weird but I'm intrigued.

Can't wait for this one

"There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

Can't wait for this one

You beat me to it by a few minutes.

BamaNation All-American Intl.Aperture's Avatar

Can't wait for this one

It's now or never for that Oscar for Deakins.
    “And what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man.”
    - Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post
    Luc Besson's stuff is usually very visually interesting so I'm curious to see what the reviews are like on this one. May end up seeing it anyway just for some of the effects. Professional and Fifth Element are pretty high on my all time movie lists.
    They may be high on your list but they are also long in this filmmaker's rearview - he hasn't directed anything approaching the prestige of those 2 titles in 20 years. Will wait for the reviews on this one.
    “And what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man.”

My parents are interested in this but I'm not sold on it yet. Might be a rental.
    The reviews from the festival circuit have been very good.

Thematically it will be of unquestionable quality. Bit sad to see that Jonathan didn't help him write - probably to busy on Westworld.

Quote Originally Posted by Intl.Aperture View Post
    They may be high on your list but they are also long in this filmmaker's rearview - he hasn't directed anything approaching the prestige of those 2 titles in 20 years. Will wait for the reviews on this one.
    I enjoyed Lucy alright but it wasn't anywhere near as good as I'd hoped. Not something I would buy or go out of my way to watch again or anything though.

I enjoyed Lucy alright but it wasn't anywhere near as good as I'd hoped. Not something I would buy or go out of my way to watch again or anything though.
    Exactly. Nowhere near The Professional or The Fifth Element.

I hated Lucy before I even turned it on. Basing an entire movie on the completely stupid and thoroughly debunked idea that we only use 10% of our brains? Come on

Then I watched it and was somehow, even with absurdly low expectations was further let down. Every time they flashed a new precentage on the screen I couldn't help but laugh. I can't for the life of me understand why the promos for Valerian say from the writer/director of the Fifth Element and Lucy, that like saying from the Writer/Director of Empire Strikes back and Attack of the Clones
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett