Movie Trailer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The ending in the book The Shining is much better. The movie is just bad. He freezes to death and is somehow in an old photo too? The story is called The Shining and is supposed to be about the boy. The movie changed all of that and made it about the dad.
Im really not a big Kubrick fan to be honest. I thought Clockwork Orange was okay, Eyes wide shut was Stupid, and Full Metal Jacket was very overrated and probably should've ended after the basic training part. I never have seen Dr Strangelove or 2001 Space Odyssey. The best movie that Ive seen that he directed was Spartacus.

The Shinning was probably the best Stephen King "inspired" movie until Gerald's Game and It chapter 1. Ive been on the fence about which is better between the Kubrick Shinning or the miniseries that King produced. One is a mindless horror film (Kubrick) and the other is a long creepy story (miniseries). I think both are well done, but I would be lying if I didn't say I would watch Kubrick's film again before watching a faithful 6 hour miniseries. I think a proper remake is probably needed though.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Im really not a big Kubrick fan to be honest. I thought Clockwork Orange was okay, Eyes wide shut was Stupid, and Full Metal Jacket was very overrated and probably should've ended after the basic training part. I never have seen Dr Strangelove or 2001 Space Odyssey. The best movie that Ive seen that he directed was Spartacus.

The Shinning was probably the best Stephen King "inspired" movie until Gerald's Game and It chapter 1. Ive been on the fence about which is better between the Kubrick Shinning or the miniseries that King produced. One is a mindless horror film (Kubrick) and the other is a long creepy story (miniseries). I think both are well done, but I would be lying if I didn't say I would watch Kubrick's film again before watching a faithful 6 hour miniseries. I think a proper remake is probably needed though.
I agree Full Metal Jacket has a great first 20 minutes, beyond that meh. 2001 was boring. Eyes Wide Shut, I could not make it through the whole movie.

The casting was all wrong in Kubrick's The Shining. A remake of The Shining with today's technology could make the topiary scenes pretty cool and scary. Although I believe they would screw up casting again and put in the usual suspects for casting.

Gerald's Game was well done. It Chapter 1 was well done. I thought Misery was well done especially the casting. The Green Mile was probably the best King "inspired" movie.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The Green Mile was probably the best King "inspired" movie.

To be fair... Noone really thinks of Stand by me and Shawshank as Stephen King works because there isn't some mystical force at hand. It is kinda funny that Stranger Things isn't a work from Stephen King.

But if I would say the 5 best and 5 worst Stephen King Flicks:

Best:

1) Shawshank
2) Standby me
3) It chapter 1
4) Geralds Game
5) Green Mile

Worst

1) Maximum Overdrive
2) langoliers
3) Dark Tower
4) Secret Window
5) Cujo

The Mist Im just not a huge fan of, and Carrie is kinda meh to me.

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

To be fair... Noone really thinks of Stand by me and Shawshank as Stephen King works because there isn't some mystical force at hand. It is kinda funny that Stranger Things isn't a work from Stephen King.

But if I would say the 5 best and 5 worst Stephen King Flicks:

Best:

1) Shawshank
2) Standby me
3) It chapter 1
4) Geralds Game
5) Green Mile

Worst

1) Maximum Overdrive
2) langoliers
3) Dark Tower
4) Secret Window
5) Cujo

The Mist Im just not a huge fan of, and Carrie is kinda meh to me.
I agree with all of those, but to be fair The Langoliers wasn't that great of a short story. Maximum Overdrive (Trucks the short story) was pretty bad too. Dark Tower was mainly screwed up by the producers making it PG-13.

I am hoping It Chapter 2 lives up to my anticipation.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood by Quentin Tarantino staring Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, Margot Robbie
I'll just post a link to the trailer here since it contains a little maybe inappropriate language for TF. If you don't want to hear it, please don't follow the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELeMaP8EPAA

Looks interesting.

Mods, if it is a little too much please delete the the link and people can go to YouTube and search Once Upon A Time In Hollywood official trailer

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood by Quentin Tarantino staring Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, Margot Robbie
I'll just post a link to the trailer here since it contains a little maybe inappropriate language for TF. If you don't want to hear it, please don't follow the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELeMaP8EPAA

Looks interesting.

Mods, if it is a little too much please delete the the link and people can go to YouTube and search Once Upon A Time In Hollywood official trailer
Ill just say this. Its by far his most controversial. Making fun of the Manson Murders has really drove a wedge with viewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.