Movie Trailer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I love me some movie trailers. I'll annoy my family and watch old trailers on movies we've already seen.

While I usually catch up on most of them on Youtube a few still slip through the cracks so maybe it will help. If you see something coming out that looks good post it on up.

I'll throw out the next two Marvel movies that I'll be seeing to start with:

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Not sure how this will end up being (Stephen King's stuff doesn't always translate well to film) but I loved the books and Idris Elba is a fantastic actor.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I had missed this one until my dad mentioned it a few days ago. About the Armenian genocide which you don't hear very much about really.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Not sure how this will end up being (Stephen King's stuff doesn't always translate well to film) but I loved the books and Idris Elba is a fantastic actor

I would say that the The Body (Stand by Me) and Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption (obvious) became great films but tend to agree. More misses than hits with King's work. This one worries me a bit as it looks a little too much like an action movie and that they are trying to shove too much in. Think it would have been better as an HBO Series but I do love the cast.

Ragnarok looks fun and I have tickets to Guardians for the first showing tomorrow night

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I would say that the The Body (Stand by Me) and Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption (obvious) became great films but tend to agree. More misses than hits with King's work. This one worries me a bit as it looks a little too much like an action movie and that they are trying to shove too much in. Think it would have been better as an HBO Series but I do love the cast.

Ragnarok looks fun and I have tickets to Guardians for the first showing tomorrow night
I won't get to see GoTG until Sunday but been amped all week for it.

100% agree on the HBO series for Dark Tower.

Stand By Me and Shawshank Redemption are all time favorites of mine. I also enjoyed 1408 & The Mist. The latter of which is also getting another remake. The new IT trailer looks pretty good as well and I've got high hopes for it as of now (I'll post it below). Maximum Overdrive is pretty bad but still a guilty pleasure of mine.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

I can count on one hand the hits of King's books to movies.

1. Misery
2. Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption (King's favorite FYI)
3. The Body
4. The Green Mile

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Not sure how this will end up being (Stephen King's stuff doesn't always translate well to film) but I loved the books and Idris Elba is a fantastic actor.

Elba is a fantastic actor, but I am confused as to why he was cast. My guess is they are going to completely ignore the second book? For those that haven't read the books, race played a big role in the second book and Roland was a white guy. Now if the ignore that entire story line and focus solely on the first book, it could be good. From what I have heard, it is a continuation of the 7 (8) books and he will actually have the Horn of Elder already so he could in theory not even have the second book storyline. I will still watch no matter what as I loved the books.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Downer ending. Great books though.
I loved the ending on them. It seemed just about perfect after I spent some time thinking about it. Plus it's not typical which I always enjoy as a change of pace if nothing else.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Downer ending. Great books though.

Very nicely cast. I thought Elba was a good pick for Roland when I first heard it would be him in the role, and ever since I saw Mud and realized he could act I thought McConaughey would be a good fit for Walter O' Dim.
I actually never made it through the books, really enjoyed the first one, absolutely loved the drawing of three and then they just started to have Steven King problems, diarrhea of the typewriter and then rushed endings. It was also so long between books I cant even recall how far I got, Wolves of Calla maybe? I know I read Wizards and Glass, not sure if I even read Wolves or just bought it

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I won't get to see GoTG until Sunday but been amped all week for it.

100% agree on the HBO series for Dark Tower.

Stand By Me and Shawshank Redemption are all time favorites of mine. I also enjoyed 1408 & The Mist. The latter of which is also getting another remake. The new IT trailer looks pretty good as well and I've got high hopes for it as of now (I'll post it below). Maximum Overdrive is pretty bad but still a guilty pleasure of mine.

The only thing good about the TV version of It was Tim Curry as Pennywise. He was downright creepy.

Something really funny about The Mist, even Stephen King has said the movie ending is better than his.

I watch Maximum Overdrive every time I see it is airing. It is so terrible, but I cannot help myself.

and yes the Dark Tower would have been an incredible HBO series. The one problem with a TV series would be the same issue all shows have kids age and Jake would be a problem.

Highway59

1st Team
Jan 29, 2009
In Alabama off "highway59"
Back in the day the trailers were pretty campy, cheesy would probably be better description. Really though, they were only after thought they used promoting films in theater. Now the release of a trailer is an event unto itself. They put quite a bit of thought into that promotional tool today versus 40 years ago. Back in day there were only a few network television stations, versus the multitude of cable/satellite channels we see today. Then factor in the internet and the effect it has had on the way products are marketed today. My kids will be just as fired up by the release of a trailer as the movie itself. But anyhow, a year or so ago someone put together a trailer for the "Empire Strikes Back" with it having today's type of styling. Its quite good, and the original is pretty comical in its delivery, and I imagine it was not meant to be received that way..... ;)

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I actually never made it through the books, really enjoyed the first one, absolutely loved the drawing of three and then they just started to have Steven King problems, diarrhea of the typewriter and then rushed endings. It was also so long between books I cant even recall how far I got, Wolves of Calla maybe? I know I read Wizards and Glass, not sure if I even read Wolves or just bought it
The series does take a while to read. There are a total of 8 books now. King actually added and 8th book that falls between Wizard and Glass and Wolves of Calla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.