Movie Trailer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Is this a play on words based on what the Capri used to be? I really hope it is.
I don't remember reading that part of it's history before just now. Sorry to let you down, if I had known it I would have gone for some kind of pun I'm sure.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I saw "Ready Player One" last night and loved it. Best "fun" Spielberg movie since JP IMO. I mean, he's done some really good dramas over the years but, this is the first movie in a while that reminds me of the Spielberg that made ET, original Indiana Jones, Jaws, etc.
have you read the book?

I'm a big fan of the book and didn't like the Ready Player One movie much at all. The characters are under developed, I didn't buy the love story, the kid playing Parzival has as much charisma as my aging birkenstocks and the plot was watered down so much that I didn't really care who won in the end as the stakes just weren't there. Did like Oliva Cooke's performance though, she is becoming one of my favorite young performers, check out Thoroughbreds to see her in a great film out now.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
have you read the book?

I'm a big fan of the book and didn't like the Ready Player One movie much at all. The characters are under developed, I didn't buy the love story, the kid playing Parzival has as much charisma as my aging birkenstocks and the plot was watered down so much that I didn't really care who won in the end as the stakes just weren't there. Did like Oliva Cooke's performance though, she is becoming one of my favorite young performers, check out Thoroughbreds to see her in a great film out now.
I didn’t read he book and enjoyed the movie. It seems a common thread that non book readers enjoyed it while book readers didn’t. I just thought is was a fun/entertaining movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I didn’t read he book and enjoyed the movie. It seems a common thread that non book readers enjoyed it while book readers didn’t. I just thought is was a fun/entertaining movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
true but it was such a light book, it can be easily read in a few hours, that I didn't think it would be terribly hard to fit into a movie. Expected that the biggest challenge would be property rights putting that many iconic characters from nerd culture into one movie had to be tough. I didn't really mind those changes till the end as the books final battle is far superior to the one we saw in the movie in my opinion and I think it was mostly due to this challenge.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Mysteries in life. My girlfriend says I'm a genius but for the life of me, I can't figure out why a movie gets better each time I repeat watching it.

Just finished watching "The Martian" on FX.

I'm getting that DVD.....

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Saw A Quiet Place this weekend and really enjoyed it - it's a movie though that if anyone in the audience is talking or anything it will stand out a lot. We had some idiot lady pick up her phone and start talking all the way out into the lobby. One of the first times I've heard basically an entire theater shush someone though - usually it's just one or two shushers.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Saw A Quiet Place this weekend and really enjoyed it - it's a movie though that if anyone in the audience is talking or anything it will stand out a lot. We had some idiot lady pick up her phone and start talking all the way out into the lobby. One of the first times I've heard basically an entire theater shush someone though - usually it's just one or two shushers.
Loved it too. Really good movie. We went friday night and it was shockingly quiet for a sold out friday show

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Looks like it might be fun...

[video=youtube;bsLk0NPRFAc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=144&v=bsLk0NPRFAc[/video]

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
This trailer didn't look all that great to me even though I like nearly every single person in it.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Coming to Netflix (this version of the trailer is better than the one Netflix put out imo)-

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
The first book was pretty entertaining, but they got beyond ridiculous after that. From what I have heard it sounds like this movie version of it just took the name and made a movie that has some elements but nothing at all like the book.
The movie looks like it could be fun but every time I see the name my brain immediately goes to:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.