News Article: Chechnya forcing parents to kill their gay children

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Firstly, Murdering children because they are gay is horrifyingly wicked and barbaric.

Though I find it ironic that a few will acknowledge this..... while also supporting a view that abortion (which is the murdering of innocent children because they are unwanted) is NOT horrifyingly wicked and barbaric.

It's amazing how people can rationalize things to lessen their moral guilt.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Firstly, Murdering children because they are gay is horrifyingly wicked and barbaric.

Though I find it ironic that a few will acknowledge this..... while also supporting a view that abortion (which is the murdering of innocent children because they are unwanted) is NOT horrifyingly wicked and barbaric.

An unwanted pregnancy is like a tumor or cyst....just a mass of cells.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

i don't see my (and others) consideration that a fetus is not morally equivalent to a person living outside the womb as rationalization. and fwiw, i don't have any moral guilt about holding that position.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
How did this thread go from talking about Checnyan murdering homosexuals to members taking shots at each other's beliefs about abortion?

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
i don't see my (and others) consideration that a fetus is not morally equivalent to a person living outside the womb as rationalization. and fwiw, i don't have any moral guilt about holding that position.
What if a person outside the womb kills a "fetus" -- through a criminal act. Is the person "outside the womb" guilty of anything? (Other than attacking the mother)

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
as long as you hate the Muslims too....I'm golden
have I ever claimed to not?

Of course, just like Christians I don't hate all of them nor do I hate most of them. Just the scumbags. Muslim leaders in Chechnya and Putin and the crowd cheering him on. IHOP and the other Christian groups pushing their hate on Uganda. The Catholic church and the Pope(s) with their complicit behavior in Rwanda, Ireland, South America and elsewhere. I could go on and on, lots of evil driven by religion of all flavors, I have no favorites

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
How did this thread go from talking about Checnyan murdering homosexuals to members taking shots at each other's beliefs about abortion?
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/ch...report-n741896

The report was denied by Chechen President Ramzan Kadyrov's spokesman, who suggested there are no homosexuals in the Muslim-majority region. Ali Karimov said, according to the state news agency RIA Novosti, "it's impossible to persecute those who are not in the republic."
The Kremlin-backed Kadyrov is widely accused of extensive human rights violations. He has brought Islam to the fore of Chechnya's daily life, including opening what is called Europe's biggest mosque.
NBC News.....did it.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
have I ever claimed to not?

Of course, just like Christians I don't hate all of them nor do I hate most of them. Just the scumbags. Muslim leaders in Chechnya and Putin and the crowd cheering him on. IHOP and the other Christian groups pushing their hate on Uganda. The Catholic church and the Pope(s) with their complicit behavior in Rwanda, Ireland, South America and elsewhere. I could go on and on, lots of evil driven by religion of all flavors, I have no favorites
I respect that.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
my fault for pointing out that plenty of Christian groups advocate killing gays, and not just the Phelps clan, as a response to Cajun trying to make it seem as if this is just a "muslim only" problem

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
my fault for pointing out that plenty of Christian groups advocate killing gays, and not just the Phelps clan, as a response to Cajun trying to make it seem as if this is just a "muslim only" problem
Never said it was a "Muslim Only" problem. NBC News wrote it (not sure why they felt the need to point out the fact, but they did) - I just quoted it. And added "Religion of Peace" --

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Agreed. And making parents murder their own children is another level of twisted cruelty.

It may surprise you to learn not everyone agrees that a ball of poorly differentiated cells without any degree of self-sufficiency is the same as an actual child who can run, play, talk, learn, laugh, and cry.

To avoid derailing the thread, that'll be the last comment I make on abortion here. Feel free to start an abortion megathread, though.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Honestly I expected more calls to action concerning fixing this atrocity and some others on the forum arguing it's not our problem to fix.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Honestly I expected more calls to action concerning fixing this atrocity and some others on the forum arguing it's not our problem to fix.
To reiterate: you must be new here.

There's an LGBT charity in Canada that's setting up a sort of underground railroad to help gay and bisexual men escape Chechnya. But their resources are quite limited relative to the need.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
It's much easier to say "Trump isn't doing anything about it" and "Christians suck as much as Muslims do" ....

Here's the thing -- we are constantly under pressure to leave other countries alone. "Let Iran have the bomb..who are we to tell them they can't have one" -- we have people on the left and the right that crave isolationism.... Eastern Europe has been slaughtering people for decades.....and little has been done to stop it. Whether it's because of Religion, Skin Color, Political Affiliation, or Sexual Orientation -- Not sure if there is anything we (as a Nation) will ever want to do, again.

Basically the Western European nations will raise of a small stink -- and then the "faux" outrage will go away.

I personally think we should go in and physically remove the government from power. But, that's likely not going to happen -- because then you have WWIII for sure.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
To reiterate: you must be new here.

There's an LGBT charity in Canada that's setting up a sort of underground railroad to help gay and bisexual men escape Chechnya. But their resources are quite limited relative to the need.
This --- may well be the best answer we have. Please share a link if you have one.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
A fetus can be recognized as Human as soon as 9 weeks and already have all the major body organs. Humans are living and developing from the time they are conceived. Survival rates outside the body are as early as the mid-2nd Trimester now.

It doesn't really matter 'when' an abortion happens though. It's murdering a child. It's become reactive birth control where irresponsible people don't want to have to deal with the responsibilities of their actions. If people don't want the child then give it up for adoption. Don't kill it though. It's NO different than mangling a 1 month old infant to death.

If you or others don't see a moral equivalency it IS rationalization. You just choose to ignore it or don't care so you can go about your life with no remorse or guilt. If you or others have no moral guilt about it then that's pretty unconscionable.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.