Link: Judge Calls Out Coach Charlie Strong for USF Players' Arrests

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link with video

A Hillsborough County (Florida) judge called out South Florida coach Charlie Strong and one of his players Wednesday.

At a hearing in the case of South Florida defensive end LaDarrius Jackson, who is charged with sexual battery and false imprisonment stemming from an incident earlier this week, Judge Margaret Taylor said she was ashamed to be an alumnus of the school and questioned whether Strong had control of his players.

Jackson is the second South Florida player to be charged with violent crimes in the past two months. In late March, defensive back Hassan Childs was charged with aggravated assault and marijuana possession in an incident in which he was shot three times. Strong later dismissed Childs from the team.
This could get NS pretty quick, but I figured this would be the best place to at least start it...

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Bit of an easy mark for a judge. In a legal world where 'implicit bias' is all the rage, she may have shown a little of her own.

Last edited:

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
She just gave the public a good reason why she should have recused herself from this case. I would imagine this kid's lawyer took some notes.

rtr

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
That was tough Strong has a reputation of being hard to the point where it cost him players and a job. We all know he runs a strict program if nothing else. You can say he can't coach but you certainly can't say he is lacks on discipline. The man has not even had a summer with his team to start weeding out the bad apples. She must have advocated for a different coach.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
That was tough Strong has a reputation of being hard to the point where it cost him players and a job. We all know he runs a strict program if nothing else. You can say he can't coach but you certainly can't say he is lacks on discipline. The man has not even had a summer with his team to start weeding out the bad apples. She must have advocated for a different coach.
Bingo.....

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Unless this guy had a past record of violence, particularly since Strong became coach,I don't see how this is Strong's fault if he did indeed commit this crime.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
That judge ought to just shut up and do her job.

She sounds like someone who has literally never followed any football program before. I'm not making excuses for bad behaviors / choices, but when you get 100+ testosterone-laden young men together from varied backgrounds, you're going to have a few bad eggs. No program is immune, and byre 'wisdom' Saban probably should have been fired a decade ago.

SMH

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
She made some strong allegations about a known disciplinarian a bit to prematurely. Sounds to me like she's unhappy with the choice of head coach more than anything.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.