BAMA-Barn Game 1 : Rained Out.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
First time since March 24 we won't lose an SEC game on a Friday night!

http://rolltide.com/news/2017/5/5/alabama-auburn-baseball-to-play-doubleheader-on-saturday.aspx

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Beat me to it.

Hopefully, both games tomorrow will also be rained out.

Ditto for Sunday.

About the only way the barn won't embarrass us.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Beat me to it.

Hopefully, both games tomorrow will also be rained out.

Ditto for Sunday.

About the only way the barn won't embarrass us.
Even better, it costs the barn some money through lost revenue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
No win series for us.

Y'all taking one wouldn't shock me, as you're due. But even if we do sweep, our RPI probably drops.

At least I got to watch our softball game last night. Hats off to Osorio. We could not figure that young lady out.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
We get swept and they drop in the rankings. Goff is the gift that keeps on giving.

Between him and Ray, I bet nobody in the SEC ever hires another Goff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
No win series for us.

Y'all taking one wouldn't shock me, as you're due. But even if we do sweep, our RPI probably drops.

At least I got to watch our softball game last night. Hats off to Osorio. We could not figure that young lady out.
That has been typical for softball all season we don't have the hitters we have had in the past. Your Tigers are good but the way Osorio dominated them last night they should have lost that one.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
I see we actually one the first game.Unbelievable I am sure we will lose the next two but at least we won't let them sweep us which is pretty pathetic as bad as we are.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
7-6 final!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #4 API gets swept, in a DH.

BTW, I was out, most of the day. Happy now?

No.................because if this saves Goof's job, I will get the blame for that.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Give up two runs in the bottom of the 8th. 7-5

Blow an opportunity to get runs in the top of the 9th. 7-5

Give up a run in the bottom of the 9th. Then strike out the batter looking on a 3-2 pitch with the tying run on 3rd.

7-6 Bama. Series win!

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Got the sweep! Umpire bailed out Vainer big time with a called strike 3 to end the game. That pitch was half a foot off the plate. HORRIBLE call. (The fact it happened to the Barn is awesome!)

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
Unbelievable...why in the world we tried the steal in the top of the 9th looked Little League to me. But it somehow worked out and I am happy for the players. However, the news is not good in T-Town for the ladies...down 4-0 at the moment.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Unbelievable...why in the world we tried the steal in the top of the 9th looked Little League to me. But it somehow worked out and I am happy for the players. However, the news is not good in T-Town for the ladies...down 4-0 at the moment.
Our ladies can't hit. O runs in 15 innings this weekend unaccetable.Totally wasted a fantastic pitching performance by Osorio last night. Lack of hitting has been biting them all season. I hope Murphy and crew are pounding the pavement to bring in some hitters next season. Because losing every weekend is getting old and they have done that the last four weekends now. Keep playing like this and they will be 2 and done in the regionals.

Last edited:

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I would imagine that Greg Byrne is sharp enough that winning one series against over-ranked Auburn is not going to cloud his judgement.

Last time I looked their rpi was #19, nowhere near the #4 rank people are using.

Rtr

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.